Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it have a smell????

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

Does your water have a smell to it if so does it smell sweet because i'm not sure if i keep peeing myself or if my water is leaking..Everytime i got to sit or stand i get a trickel of something it's enough to make it look like i pee my pants...I'm 31 week's 5 day's (i just say 32 week's because it's not that far off) Should i go to L&D just to see if it's my water or should i wait it out???

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
General_Mamma
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:29 PM

I've heard some describe it as sweet, others as a sharpie smell.  Mine had no odor, and that's how I knew.

super_mom_5
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:30 PM
if you cant get it to stop i would go get it checked. Better safe then sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I'm not sure it really has a smell to it. i don't really recall what mine smelled like when my water did break with my firstborn.

If you are concerned you can go to L&D but most likely it's pee....IMO

mrspreggers14
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:31 PM

BUMP!

jessicaaris
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:35 PM
I have no idea. Here's a bump though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:36 PM

does it smell like urine? if not then i would definatly go get checked especially only being 32 weeks

SamNStefanMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:44 PM
I have heard it can be kind of sweet (like hay?) smelling. Mine I didn't notice a smell. But I would get checked just to be sure. If it's just pee they are SOOO used to that. Ask any number of us ladies and you will find a lot who had false alarms and actually just peed. I would much rather find out I'm peeing my pants than that my water broke at 32 weeks. Good luck mama and keep is posted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)