Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby "must haves" list?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:39 PM
  • 13 Replies

What exactly do you HAVE to have when baby arrives, and how much of it! Like how many blankets, wash cloths, burb rags. . What do you experienced mommas think?

Since it is so close to my due date I would like to make sure I have everything I need and enough of it [: Thanks ladies!! 

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lind.shep
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:46 PM
All you HAVE to have is a place to sleep, and diapers of some sort. But I like to have a dozen bottles or so. Enough blankets where if one gets dirty for one reason or another, you have spares so you don't have to jump up and do laundry right away. As far as burp wraps go- I don't use them. I use wash cloths. Worked much better for me an more absorbent than most burp wraps I did have. I had several packages of diapers so I wouldn't have to worry about it right as I was coming home.

What I had for dd:
8 blankets
8 receiving blankets
10 wash cloths
4 towels
2 packages newborn diapers
4 size 1-2 huggies cases
4 packs of size 3
Closet full of clothes
Car seat
Too many bottles
Hygiene products for baby
Umm...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tzejstorey
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:47 PM

it's not a must have for when baby comes but it sure is for after!! 

Playtex Fridge To Go Bottle Tote - Double

I had at least a blanket for each day, I used the cloth diapers as burp rags and had a whole pkg of those, I found the pre-soaped washcloths worked best (I think Huggies makes them).  Good Luck and Congrats!!!

chocolat-smiles
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:50 PM

BUMP!

ladycook
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:51 PM

BOTTLES, BOTTLES AND MORE BOTTLES!!!! I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT BOTTLES...CLEAN STERILIZED BOTTLES BE4 BABY COMES HOME!!!

chell.chell
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Thanks ladies I plan on only breast feeding do I need an electric pump or will my manual one be fine. . I don't plan on pumping at all. . But I am still being told to have an electric one by everyone I know for some reason. Lol. 

chell.chell
by on Sep. 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM

BUMP!

CTRedSoxMom
by on Sep. 3, 2010 at 10:58 PM

ERGO Baby Carrier is a must!

CTRedSoxMom
by on Sep. 3, 2010 at 10:58 PM

If you aren't going to pump, skip the pump

Quoting chell.chell:

Thanks ladies I plan on only breast feeding do I need an electric pump or will my manual one be fine. . I don't plan on pumping at all. . But I am still being told to have an electric one by everyone I know for some reason. Lol. 

Cloth Diapering, Selective Vaccinating, Breastfeeding Advocate who Formula Fed, Work at Home Mom, Professional Blogger, Social Media Director, Childbirth Educator, Doula, Mother to Camden, and Benjamin.
Expecting Baby #3 in May of 2011!

kitty8199
by on Sep. 3, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Quoting chell.chell:

I posted about this, bc I didn't know what to buy and the majority of women said manual, because you can control the flow better.  

llove12
by on Sep. 3, 2010 at 11:04 PM
If you don't want to pump save your money all together. But, I had a manual pump and hated using that damn thing. It made my arm sore before I got a whole oz. The Medela Pump in Style was glorious, but I was working and pumping 3 times a day then.

Quoting chell.chell:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)