Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bulging water bag

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:37 PM
  • 11 Replies

Has anyone been told that they have a bulging bag of water? I went into pre term labor last Thursday, and dilated to 5 cm. Fortunately, labor stopped, and they sent me home (on bedrest,I'm pretty much not allowed to do anything). They told me then that my water bag was bulging and felt "spongey".  I went in today for a checkup, I'm still 5 cm, but she said my water bag is not only bulging, but feels very hard and she doesn't think it'll be long until it breaks. Has this happened to anyone else? How long was your water bag like that before it broke?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamNStefanMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:47 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:48 PM

BUMP!

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:49 PM

BUMP!

SullivanMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:52 PM

I figured you would have had that lil baby by now. Ive never been 5 cm without being in active labor so i dunno. I was expecting to see you post your new babys pic soon :)

ginger813
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Believe me, I didn't think I'd still be pregnant now either, but I am! My goal now though is to at least get to the weekend. By then, I'll be 36 weeks. lol, I saw my midwife today for a checkup, and she just couldn't believe that he's still in there!

Quoting SullivanMommy:

I figured you would have had that lil baby by now. Ive never been 5 cm without being in active labor so i dunno. I was expecting to see you post your new babys pic soon :)

SullivanMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Just dont sneeze mama LOL :)

Quoting ginger813:

Believe me, I didn't think I'd still be pregnant now either, but I am! My goal now though is to at least get to the weekend. By then, I'll be 36 weeks. lol, I saw my midwife today for a checkup, and she just couldn't believe that he's still in there!

Quoting SullivanMommy:

Mom to 6 boys 1 girl and 1 on the way! Breastfeeding, Co- sleeping, Disposable diapering, Pro-Choice, Circumcising, Immunizing Mama.

minnie99q
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:39 AM
bump good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 1:12 AM

I never had any vaginal exams so I can't answer all your questions, but I did feel it bulging out of me as I was laboring!     ;-)
(wasn't "hard" at all, though)

Are you feeling it, too?

ginger813
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 6:24 AM

haha, I'll try not to!

Quoting SullivanMommy:

Just dont sneeze mama LOL :)

Quoting ginger813:

Quoting SullivanMommy:

ginger813
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 6:26 AM

no, I can't really say that I feel it exactly. I just feel a ton of pressure "down there".  I've also been losing my mucus plug since Friday morning, which has been quite gross! lol

Quoting doulala:

I never had any vaginal exams so I can't answer all your questions, but I did feel it bulging out of me as I was laboring!     ;-)
(wasn't "hard" at all, though)

Are you feeling it, too?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)