Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3rd trimester morning sickness?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:54 PM
  • 7 Replies
So I had no issues at all with morning sickness at all. I'm 34w2d right now and every time I start eating I feel like I'm about to run to the toilet and throw up. And my heartburn is out of control and nothing works.

This is not fun! I just want to be able to eat and enjoy it. It's been like this since Saturday. :[
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I've dealt with Hypermesis all pregnancy so I vomit ALOT...it has eased up in the 3rd trimester. In fact i was only sick once today. :) I hate it too.

shellie830
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Have you tried Zantac? I use it 2 times a day 150mg everytime now I'm up to 2 in the am and 1 in the pm. It is safe during pregnancy I have a prescription for it. Your tummy is probably squished up so no room for food....

nessa828
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:20 PM
I'll have to check into that. It takes me like 2 hours to get through one meal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I hope it goes away!  No fun! :(

starrymonkey
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Mine came back with a vengence too - though it's eased up a bit over the past couple weeks, and I generally only feel sick every couple days.  What was worse was how sick I felt if I didn't eat, it was a lose lose situation!  

Hopefully yours goes away too.  My midwife told me to make sure that I wasn't gulping a bunch of water down with my meals - she said that doing that would make the heartburn a lot worse.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

Lullababy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:41 AM

I am still taking Zofran at 29 weeks but not everyday.  I try to eat oats in the morning but sometimes I forget.  Taking a probiotic, enzyme supplement and eating small frequent meals usually helps me.  I keep raisins and walnuts on hand to munch on because it gives me energy and some fat to digest and also helpful in digestion and elimination.  I have pretty bad reflux at this point and it causes me to cough a lot so I have come up with some tricks to help.  I am nauseous all of the time but eating frequently helps.

Jess0915
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I feel your pain. I've had morning (noon & night) sickness my whole pregnancy, off and on. Some days I couldn't eat anything all day because everything (smell, thoughts) about food made me gag. I drank carnation instant breakfast or chicken broth to get me by. There were many days where all I had was fluids (sometimes several days in a row). And I threw them up sometimes too.

It's getting better now, but I still get sick sometimes. There's nothing that even causes it, doesn't matter what I eat. It's always a guessing game.

I hope you feel better soon.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)