Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mucus w/ blood in it... 37 weeks pregnant....

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

I just had mucus with blood in it. Does that mean I am in actual labor?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SullivanMommy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Could be your mucous plug :)

palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:26 PM

It sounds like your mucus plug. It doesn't mean you are in labor...it just means that it could happen in the next hour of the next week or so. :)

soontobemommyof
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:27 PM

I am 3 cm dialated and 40% effaced and I have been having contractions since 5pm EST.

CelestialVal
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:28 PM

You very well could be starting your labor. Have u timed the contractions?

Quoting soontobemommyof:

I am 3 cm dialated and 40% effaced and I have been having contractions since 5pm EST.

soontobemommyof
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:30 PM

I am going to start that now. I have a contraction site up now. Its hard to time them w/ my son very active and he has hiccups. Its really warm to me, sweating and when I drink the contracions get worse.

palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Quoting soontobemommyof:

I am going to start that now. I have a contraction site up now. Its hard to time them w/ my son very active and he has hiccups. Its really warm to me, sweating and when I drink the contracions get worse.

Having said all the rest of your symptoms.....then yes, I think you are in early labor. Try walking, bouncing on a birthing ball (if you have one) and see if the contractions get stronger. GOod luck!!! Keep us posted.

soontobemommyof
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:32 PM

How am I suppose to correctly monitor with him very active? Its a little hard.

palemoon21
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Quoting soontobemommyof:

How am I suppose to correctly monitor with him very active? Its a little hard.

It's difficult but it doesn't have to be exact.....also, if you don;t want to time your contractions you can just go about your normal business and once it geets SOOOO bad that you can not walk/talk through it, it's time to call dr...go to hospital or whatever your plan is. :)

soontobemommyof
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Ok. Will do. OWW!

KandiB
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:17 AM

I lost my mucous plug last Thursday. I've been in early labor, with contractions every three minutes to six minutes since then. I went to my OB today, and I'm still almost 2 cm, 60% effaced. She doesn't think I'll deliver anytime soon... :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)