Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Weird period...pregnant?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 3:16 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi Everyone...

My husband I got married in July and as soon as we said "i do" we started trying to conceive. I always sort of assumed that as long as you had intercourse while you were ovulating, you would get pregnant. Apparently, that's not the case.

Anyways, we had sex during the whole week that I was supposidly fertile according to an ovulation calculator that I used online. I had just gone off bc pills the beginning of July so I didn't know if my periods would be late or weird or anything. In August I got my period right on time and it was very heavy and lasted a while. Then, this month I also got my period to the exact day that it was due but it started out fairly heavy and normal, but then only lasted for 2 days.

Prior to getting my period I took about 5 ept tests b/c I really thought that I was pregnant. I even took one on the day that my period was due because I did not get it until the evening. They were all negative. All of my symptoms went away (except for being really tired, but I'm always pretty tired) once I got my period, and my temp went back down as well. I'm assuming all of that means that I'm not pregnant and that it was just a weird period this month???? I'd appreciate any help/advice that I can get! Thank you in advance!!!

by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bekfish84
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Sometimes you can have a weird period and be pregnant but you also haven't been off of birth control for very long.  You can have weird cycles after BC until your body gets regulated again.  And you may still not be ovulating.  It can take up to a year after BC to get back to normal.  Good luck on your ttc efforts.

griefstrickin
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 4:00 PM
we do NFP and its a rule that if ur temp stays up and elevated come the day of AF and past,that ur most likly pregnant. So since ur temp droppd count that day of any kind of bleeding as day 1 in ur new cycle,count about 14-15 days from that day and u should be fertile but it can really be between 12-18 days after first day of AF.good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashlynsmom14
by on Sep. 9, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Not sure about being pregnant this month. But if you are intune with your body, when you have more than the "normal" amount of discharge you are ovulating. DH and I went by that and got preggers on the first try. Good Luck Momma!!

Oh and with DD I literally hung off of my bed head first and got preggers that way too. LOL Kinda silly and your DH will think you are crazy but it worked for me :) :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN