Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

TB test and intensely bad headache ...

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 9:40 AM
  • 10 Replies

Ok I started a new job about a month ago and had to get a physical for it on Tuesday.  Part of that physical is a TB test and Hep B vaccines.  My Dr. skipped the Hep vaccine because I am pregnant but said the TB test is safe (everything I have read online says the TB test is safe also).  So yesterday (the day after the physical) I had one of the worst and most intense headaches I have ever had.  Back in 2008 I had viral meningitis and aside from that, this is the worst headache I have had in my life.  My face, head, neck, shoulders, ears, and eyes hurt to the touch, I took 2 extra strength tylenol as often as I could all day long and got NO relief at all.  I was nauseous and SO FREAKING CRANKY!  ... My ears were ringing, it was just horrible.  I still have a headache but its not as bad.  I am wondering if I should call my Dr. because this might be a sign or something wrong, or if it is somehow related to the TB test (which I doubt), or if it's just a damn pregnancy/hormone migraine.

Any thoughts??

by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krim
by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I would say that its just hormone related....I also had a TB skin test and it didnt do that to me....and im assuming that you've had one before and if it didnt react then it wouldnt do it now

battisarah
by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Yeah I have had a TB test twice before but for some reason I have no record of the results.  They never reacted, so I know I don't have TB.  So this headache just sounds normal?  It's not a sign of something wrong w/ my pregnancy?  I had a really scary / life threatening pregnancy w/ my first and I'm a little paranoid.  Plus, I don't really know what a normal pregnancy is like...lol

battisarah
by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 11:19 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by on Sep. 16, 2010 at 11:23 AM
It sounds like you had/have a migraine. If you still are looking for releif, I would call your ob and see if they can't give you a fioricet for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sgrover
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:07 PM
It doesn't have anything to do with hormones. I'm not pregnant, I got my first tb test and hepatitis vaccination on february 9th and suffered the worst headache of my life. I thought it was a side effect of the hepatitis vaccination, but I just got my second tb test on the opposite arm today, and once again am suffering from the most excruciating migrane I have ever had in my life.

I am beginning to wonder if I am allergic to the test or something. Nothing makes the pain go away except for time. I've taken ibuprofen, advil migrane, and motrin. Nothing is working and it haas only happened several hours after my tb test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sgrover
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM
I wasn't allergic to amoxacillin my entire youth and most of my adulthood, however, I recently developed a severe allergic reaction to it. So the fact that you haven't had a reaction before is irrelevant.

Quoting krim:

I would say that its just hormone related....I also had a TB skin test and it didnt do that to me....and im assuming that you've had one before and if it didnt react then it wouldnt do it now

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:13 PM
I doubt it's the TB test. A TB test used to be fairly standard during pregnancy in some parts. I have given about a million TB tests and never had anyone complain of anything other than a little itchiness (same with mine). Sounds like you had a migraine or cluster headache. How far along are you? How is BP?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcblough
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:31 PM
I was researching this because I got a tb test two days ago and literally felt like I was hit by a train yesterday. It has worn of by about 70% today but I still don't feel normal. I could not figure out what it could possibly have been until this occurred to me.I've never had a migraine before and never had hormonal issues like this.am only 30 and not a chance pregnant. Imo, it had to have been that test and I am trying to find more info. please post here if you figure anything out! I felt like the flu with a terrible headache, body ache and nausea but no fever or chills and no cold-like symptoms, just super achy. And today, like I said, 70% better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommajojo
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:56 PM

It could be high bp a week to the day of having my daughter I got the worse headache ever that went down my neck and all it was from wend to fri before I went to hospital for it found out my bp was 190/120 and that was cause my head to hurt so bad.. gl hope you find out what is wrong

battisarah
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:35 PM
:) I almost forgot about this post (its almost 2 years old :D). My headache is gone, hope you ladies feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN