Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby shower?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:42 AM
  • 9 Replies
Ok ladies today my mom sent out the invites for our baby shower without telling me and she didn't know that I just started picking things out for my registries online like yesterday lol and on the invites it says I'm registered at walmart and target so I HAVE to finish them up tomorrow which is fine I just can't really think of what all we need. This is our 3rd baby and we still have a lot so ladies what all did you have on your registries?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shellie830
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Just scan whatever you like! Don't waste time on clothes tho don't worry about price you can have a good range for people to pick from.

littlest.angel
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:53 AM
We are having our third and I think that since we alredy have a boy and a girl im just going to have a diaper party, i might register for a couple things that need replaced like our swing that was really old when we got it two years ago or the bouncer seat that is not so bouncy anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I put a mix of big and small items.  I found with my shower (yep I was a registry peeker), that people didnt buy until right before the shower.  Since this is your third baby, maybe put diapers and wipes on it, or anything that you hope to replace from your other babies.  Good luck!

sweetsorrow2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:39 AM

i am having a tough time doing the registries online...it seems like its more time consuming when you can just go into a store and scan everything you want all right there...so far all i have on mine are some bottles, bassinett sheets, bath sets, a travel swing and the space saver high chair...I'm mainly putting the nessicities on there...

elliesmommy404
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:47 AM
  • If you will bottle feed, you may need some new bottles or nipples, bottle brushes
  • If breastfeeding you may need a nursing wrap, milk storage containers
  • Diaper bag
  • I like those little things you put in the diaper bag that carries wipes, a few diapers, and you can put the baby on when you are out.
  • A mirror for the car so you can see the baby
  • Baby toys
  • Swaddle blanket
  • A few boxes of diapers and wipes from each place
  • Newborn gloves so they don't scratch themselves

Just think about what you don't have or what you would like to have. For me I need a new monitor, one that I can hear DD and DS in 2 different rooms. If there are things you wish you had, like a cosleeper, maybe you didn't have it with the others. Maybe the play pen/pack n play is in poor condition and a new one would be great. I wouldn't register for much clothing or blankets. I ended up with a ton of those things with DD. I did register for a few packs of onsies and the zip pj's (in a pack) and some gowns, because those were basics I really wanted/needed.

lette_with_2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:49 AM

i would just put like diapers, wipes, bath stuff, lotions, and maybe a few new outfits.

Starleet
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Diapers, Diaper Bag, Baby Wipes, Lotions, Bathing Items, Mittens, Safety Items, Thermometer,  Humidifier, Baby Seat, Baby Swing, Stroller, Carseat

Anything you may have that you may need an updated version of :)

Safety 1st - Grooming and Healthcare Kit

Dr. Brown's - Polypropylene Newborn Feeding Set

Johnson's Bathtime Essentials Baby Gift Set

marci.jpg picture by marcileigh88

k.brierly
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:55 PM
Any other ideas ladies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamigee98
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:33 PM

I'm not a big fan of online registries. I like to go to the stores and pick out the gift ( off a registry .) And sometimes they don't have the online items in the store so people can get confused. Don't waste your time on registering for clothes since they change them out almost weekly. Since you have some stuff just do diapers, wipes, toiletries, socks, onesies, shoes/booties and maybe bottles or nursing supplies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)