Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anterior placenta, will I be able to see or feel my baby move from the outside?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM
  • 11 Replies
I'm a week shy of 6 months and I have been feeling my baby move from the inside but I'm concerned that my boyfriend won't be able to feel her because of the placentas position being positioned infront. Also don't know if I'll be able to see my belly move or twitch from her either. First pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyToBeOfTwo
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:07 AM
Idk bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
housefullofkidz
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:08 AM

BUMP!

steph2884
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:22 AM

I had an anterior placenta when I was pregnant with my daughter. She was my second pregnancy, and I felt her much later than my first. I believe my husband felt her move around for the first time when I was about 6 months along. It all depends on how much your baby moves. Both of my babies were constantly moving. Give it some more time. By the end of your pregnancy, you'll see your whole belly moving around!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
katelynsmommy30
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:27 AM
I too had an anterior placenta with my first child....I could feel her moving and my husband felt her move when I was about 6 mths. I did have some issues with not feeling her move one day and ended up at l and d to get checked out but anytime I went in she was in there kicking away at the placenta! I could see her move as well, I remember that more when I hit 30 weeks or so! Don't worry momma you and your bf will def be able to feel her move plenty!!! :) lots of luck to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
velvetnbrielle
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:33 AM

BUMP!

Hrivera5
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:50 AM

I had anterior with my son...my husband DID get to feel him moving from the outside at some point :)  Hang in there, it will happen!

napps
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:51 AM

i had to look it up on the what to expect when you're expecting site...and according to the site, and the other ladies...you won't be able to feel the baby as much.  the placenta normally is towards the back part of the uterus near the spine...but in this case, it's in the front.  according to the site, normally, the placenta moves around during pregnancy, so you should be fine.

truealaskanmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:25 AM

Yes I had an anterior placenta and my belly looked like a scene from Alien all the time, it just takes a little longer.  I started to at about 28 weeks. 

k4r4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:01 AM
See they said I have one too but I don't believe it. This is my first baby and I felt him move at 17 weeks. My husband felt him the very next day. We've felt him move ever since then everyday. We can even see him move, big rolls and kicks. And I'm 25 weeks now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:21 AM

My first two I had that. I felt some movement but nohting like this one. My hubby felt them some but nothing like this one. It has also been a different experience on what I see from the outside too. It does all depend on the baby too. But it does take longer and usually less.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)