• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it worth it?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:33 AM
  • 12 Replies
I want to try to have a vaginal delivery this go around. I had a horrible time with my dd's c-section which I didn't want anyway. I have been talking to the doctor about doing a VBAC and she says its not worth trying because I had a problem progressing past 4 cm with dd I felt robbed of having the birth experience with dd. (Had emergency C-section and was completely put under) Is it worth trying a VBAC?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
velvetnbrielle
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:35 AM

I think you should try if thats really what you want! If anything give it a try and if it doesnt work out, they will give you a csection anyway (right?)! Good luck!

babyboy117
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:46 AM

I think you should go for it!! Alot of people have had sucessful VBAC'S and like she said^ .. it's worth a try..because if it doesn't work out.. then their just going to give you a c-section anyway. So why not atleast try?

wantherout08
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:49 AM
I want to I want the true birth experience
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brittanie0327
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Yes! Absolutely! Every birth is different!

Had you had an epidural?? They CAN slow down labor.

Also, there are so many things you can do to help labor progress without interventions. I've also been told that seeing a chiroprator throughout your pregnancy can help in labor. Regular exercise is really important too...

Keep this bumped for Doulala, she'll have some GREAT advice! :D

wilesmomma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:25 AM
Yes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Azure
by Group Admin on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:43 AM

It's definitely worth trying a VBAC. I'd find a different doctor too, if yours says a VBAC is not "worth trying".

How many interventions did you have with your other birth? Induction, monitoring that keeps you strapped to the bed, epidurals, etc are not good for labor progression.

Check out the ICAN website.

christine.r2624
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:03 AM
Were you induced the first time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrseckstein
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:03 AM

How far along are you? You can always get a second opinion if your doctor is not on board babe. I think you should go for it and try. If you aren't able to do a VBAC than at least you know you tried. And you just didn't give up by settling. Do what is right for YOU.

wantherout08
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:07 AM
I was 42 weeks and 3 days at 3 cm when I went in she broke my water and put me on pitocin and all the monitors you can imagine I had to lay on my back because of all the wires. I didn't get epidural until they made me when she decided to do c-section. I was devastated I felt robbed of having my baby the way I wanted to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wantherout08
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:08 AM
I am currently 14 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)