• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prenatal vitamins

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:25 AM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so I'm 18 weeks pregnant today.... and out of the almost 5 months that I have been pregnant I only have taken Prenatal vitamins 1 month... I feel horrible about it!! I feel like I am not giving this baby the start it deserves.... am I harming this baby by not taking them? The reason I have not taken them are really just excuses... they are expensive.... I ran out of them... I forget.... blah blah blah.. what am I doing and why can I not get my act together?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
paulsgirl1297
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:39 AM
From what I understand the baby takes what it needs first. I put mine in front of coffee pot with a bottle of water so it was easy to take
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samscham89
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:09 AM
Miejer stores give out FREE prenatals! :)
But no, I have been horrible at taking them too, just bc I don't remember!
But if you get them and they make you sick, take them right before you go to bed, that should help :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikolitak
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:18 AM

I have been taking mine everyday however I am with you on the expensive part, my are 45.00 and thats my copay!!! My doctor said taking flinstone vitamins are fine too if the cost is getting you down. A  lot of women do not take their vitamins and their babies are fine.

Starleet
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I get the spring valley ones from walmart and theyre actually cheap. Thyre $8 for 240 of them. I like them over the 4 other brands Ive tried because they dont have a strong smell to them and theyre not a very big pill.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-Valley-Prenatal-Multivitamin-Multimineral-Dietary-Supplement-240-Ct/10325013?sourceid=1500000000000007346330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10325013

marci.jpg picture by marcileigh88

MrsNocke
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Yea I dont live in America so all the ones that are available there are not available here... I think part of my other problem is because I dont feel comfortable going to the pharmacy by myself yet to buy them because I dont speak the language perfect and my husband is always so busy... I have to take medication in the mornings a hour before I eat for my thyroid but I guess I just get so busy trying to get my son fed and entertained that I forget.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)