Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Literally Came Out Of Nowhere!!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:29 AM
  • 6 Replies

Alaska Time = 4am WAY too early for me to be up!!!! okay, so I fell asleep last night on the couch for about an hour at 9, woke up and all of a sudden I have a HORRIBLE sore throat!! Before I fell alseep I felt fine! Perfecct actually. I don't have any cold medicine, so I just went up stairs and went to bed. Well then I wokep up at 1 and couldn't swollow AT ALL. So I called Matt at work and asked him to pick up some cough drops on his way home from work, and went back to bed...kind of. It has just gotten worse. I finally mustered up the energy to walk down stairs for some hot tea, but it isn't going to help if I can't swallow it.

Does anyone know cold meds that are okay to take when preggers? I am going to have to go and get some when Matt gets home

pregnancy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
paulsgirl1297
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:35 AM
I took plain robitussin and benadryl. I think you can take plain sudafed but not sure and tylenol is safe too. If you like hot tea its very soothing for a sore throat with honey and lemon. You can gargle with salt water too or listerine to help kill the germs. Hope ya feel better soon and remember if ya have a fever to call the Dr as soon as possible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I dont.  My mom has always sworn by hot water, lemon and honey.  I usually take warm showers to help.  I hope you feel better!!!

angelbaby053099
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Honey isn't great while your pregnant but the hot/warm tea with lemon definitely works... if you can't swallow it you can try gargling with it... it'll loosen up your throat enough to drink.

Quoting meam4444:

I dont.  My mom has always sworn by hot water, lemon and honey.  I usually take warm showers to help.  I hope you feel better!!!

housefullofkidz
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I am taking tylenol cold right now.  I have a chest cold.  It hurts to breath and Tylenol seems to help a bit.

i.love.my.life
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Tylenol cold is fine to take as long as it isnt the "plus" version.  Honey is perfectly safe to eat during pregnancy, so hot tea with lemon and honey is a great idea.  Are you sure its not strep throat?

CassieH
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:34 AM

You can take anything that doesn't have a decongestant.  I was sick last week (thought it was strep, but it wasn't) with your same symptoms, and I took the Blue liquid Tylenol Sore Throat.  Be careful though, one of them (Tylenol Cold) DOES have the decongestant (Phenylephrine HCL) which isn't good for baby. Feel better!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)