• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Urine Infection? (TMI...Need Advice)

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:50 AM
  • 4 Replies
I had my 36 week midwife checkup yesterday and got my blood and urine results from two weeks ago...
Everything was fine, except my iron levels dropped immensely (my own fault for not taking the vitamin which I started back yesterday) but she said "oh your urine has come back with a small infection"...
She asks me if I'm in discomfort, and I was happily to say no.
She didn't seem to be worried at all (she's a brillant midwife either so I never questioned it).
Should I be worried??
I have more discharge but since 25+ weeks and most the time (TMI) there's lumpy bits of discharge (from 32 weeks) and I assumed either discharge got extra thick or I'm slowly losing my mucous plug?
Has anyone had this?

(Thanks in advance and sorry if there's letters/words missing, I'm on the blackberry)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:44 AM

I am not sure about the discharge.  However, I have had small infections before which cured themselves.  Here is a bump.

kamrynlily07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:45 AM

Drink LOTS of water and cranberry juice.  Call the midwife if you get any burning or urgency.  You can probably clear it up on your own.  Good luck!

General_Mamma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:56 AM

A UTI shouldn't cause thickened discharge, but a yeast infection possibly could.  If your midwife seemed unconcerned, it's probably nothing serious.  I would suggest upping your juice/yogurt intake.. preferably cranberry juice and fruitless yogurt.  Your next test should come back clean :)

charlene_x
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:04 AM
Thanks ladie, I also posted this in the october group and they said cranberry juice too, I'll get hold of some (loads) on thursday lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)