Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lots of lower back pain and.... ADVICE PLEASE :)

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:53 AM
  • 10 Replies

Since late last night I've been having lots of lower back pain and menstrual type cramps. Well I've had it since 2 days ago but it started getting really uncomfortable last night. I was able to go to sleep but as I would wake to pee and then again this morning it's been constant. Maybe even getting worse. The back pain is what's really bother me. The menstrual like cramps seem to come and go. I know this can be a sign of preterm labor but I was just at the Dr. yesterday and I just don't want to make a big deal out of nothing. I am still losing my mucus plug as I just had another toilet paper with the crap on it. I am 34 weeks and last week was dilated to 1cm. I told them not to check me this week when they asked. I go to the hospital tomorrow for my biophysical profile and my NST.

What would you do?

*I* took tylenol about 1 hr ago and started downing my water like always since my fluid levels are at 8 as of last week which is low. I've been resting but that's what I always do since I'm on bed rest but I do have a toddler.

Should I wait it out? Should I call? What are OTHER reasons for what I am experiencing? Oh and she's still breech.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jridgill
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Oh and I had a FFN test 8 days ago that was negative. I wouldn't worry so much about the back pain except I haven't had it until now.

Darlah
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Can you just call in and explain the situation and let them tell you what they want you to do. That's what I'd do I think.

mrseckstein
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Have you tried to take a bath to see if that would ease the pain or a heating pad. Those two things eases the pain for me! I hope it helps. I'm sorry you're in pain

christine.r2624
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:02 AM
Its worth a call in to the OB at the least. You never know. I was going through that at 33 weeks and after 2 bags of IV fluids even though I was super hydrated, they spaced out enough to send me home. My BP was too low for procardia, but after learning the side effects I'm not sure I would take it anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Here's why I hate calling. No matter what I say they just say "Just come and such and such time" They ALWAYS want me to just come in. I was just trying to wait that out but if I shouldn't then I shouldn't.

Quoting Darlah:

Can you just call in and explain the situation and let them tell you what they want you to do. That's what I'd do I think.

klsmom112010
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Since you're losing your mucus plug, go in and get checked. Otherwise, I'd think it was a bad infection.  I hope everything's alright. If you are dehydrated, the nurses at the hospital can give you a rocephrin shot or a rocephrin i.v. which I recommend, because it really knocks out the infection. I had two kidney infections, four rounds of the same medicine, one rocephrin shot, and three rounds of rocephrin shots, before I got treated with a rocephrin i.v. Now I'm not thirsty all the time, and my infection went away. I feel a lot better. I think it could either be labor or a kidney infection, especially since you said your lower back hurts.  

jridgill
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:33 AM

I called ladies. Just waiting to hear back.

Thanks

jridgill
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:44 AM

sigh sigh sigh

I go in at 10:30am

thanks ladies

Darlah
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Good luck...sorry you have to go in but you'll be glad you did ...it'll ease your mind. Feel better soon!

kemmerer411
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM

At least you dont have to go to L and D. Thats where my doc always sends me1

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)