Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has having kids changed your mind about being a SAHM?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM
  • 14 Replies
The title says it all!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ang9403
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Well...I personally dont like being a sahm. I feel like I have no life. But thats my feelings on it. Lots of moms love staying at home.

christine.r2624
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:57 AM
It has changed mine a little. I still prefer to be in the work force but am so grateful to be able to stay at home with my daughter, even if money is tight!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tina1007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:57 AM
Absolutely not! in fact after having my son and staying home with him, it made me realize just how important it is for me to stay home...I wouldnt trade the time I have with him for anything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wiser_then_ever
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM

love staying home with my little ones at least until they turn  about  3... then they start preschool... i want to raise my kids as much as possible! and see as many 1st of theirs as possible

dressy3
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:01 AM

I like seeing my children grow and love being there for them 24/7 but at the same time I feel like i am going to lose it another day in the house. It makes me feel so guilty.

jdanielle82
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:03 AM

I thought I would work when I had kids.  I even finished my BA to be a teacher, but when I left my 1st son to go to work, it was horrible. Aside from all of the emotional issues it caused for both of us, there were lots of logistical problems with childcare, being able to stay home when he was sick and finally, inappropriate actions by caregivers at day care.  In addition, I was barely making any money after I payed for child care.  I have been at home off and on since my son was born and I haven't worked at all since he turned 3.  Having our second child only reaffirmed my choice, and with #3 on the way, there is no reason to change.

I am, however, glad to have my degree.  If anything ever happened, I would be prepared to care for my children financially.

tbursac777
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 AM

nope, i love it. i've always said if i find a man thats wants me to stay home i'd marry him, and i did

ginger813
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Yep! Before having kids, I always swore I'd never be stuck at home with kids all day. I liked to work, and planned on doing so. Well, after my oldest was born, I did go back to work, for about 3 months. I couldn't stand dropping her off at a babysitter, and never getting enough time with her. So, I quit, and have been home ever since. I just gave birth to my third child, and I love every minute of being home with my kids.

sydjademom24
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I got to stay home for a year with my 1st before finances required that I go to work, and I had to put her in daycare. I didn't like it one bit. Ever since i've had my second, I've been at home....probably almost 3 years now. My 2nd daughter is almost 2. I am 23 wks. pregnant with #3. My oldest just started school, so I will only have the 2 at home, I plan on being a stay at home mom until they are both in school. So the next 5 years. I hated having to do daycare. I want to raise my kids....not someone else. So unless there is some major change in my husband's job.....cause he makes more than enough for me to stay home now, of course if it was necessary I would go to work. I'm not gonna watch my family drown cause I wanna stay home....but as long as I can, I will. I LOVE it. I wouldn't trade it for the world. But on the other hand I know plenty of women who can't stand it. My friend is dying to go back to work. She came to my house yesterday to fill out applications online cause she said she couldn't stand being at home with her 3 kids anymore. I personally don't know how she could feel like that....but I am not one to judge and to each his own is my theory. I wouldn't want anyone judging me if I wanted to work, or for staying home, so I can't do it either. All I will say is I am very, extreemly happy staying at home!! :)

amy31308
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM

There are somedays that I really really wish I worked because I wish I had that break and then theres other days where I couldn't imagine not being home with my babies.

Do you love being pregnant?Join us in I ♥ Pregnancy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)