Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gender ultrasound question

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM
  • 11 Replies

So, I keep hearing 2 different stories and I haven't been told one OR the other by my Dr. I'm reading a lot on here that for the u/s and gender check you should have a full bladder - but I was never told this by my dr. Does it REALLY make THAT BIG of a difference?!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidi_val
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:24 AM
I don't think it makes a difference. I never have a full bladder...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chais_wifey
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM
No cuz they told me to drink yet told me to pee when I got there. I don't think it truly matters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baby_pumpkin523
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM

I didn't have a full bladder and my gender U/S came out super clear

Pregnancy%20ticker

imperfect511
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:26 AM
I was told to, but the ultrasound tech said it didn't matter, cause I was about to pee my pants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilStacy

i dont think it makes a diffrence either, the oly u/s i had to have a full bladder was early on so they could c everything, but when u get like 18ish weeks baby is big enuf and should b able to c all of baby much better!

wiser_then_ever

i usually have a full bladder when go in- if anything theres a bathroom connected to our ultrasound rm

saralouise
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:46 AM

they like you to have a full bladder for early ultrasounds because it's easier to see what is your uterus and what is yoru bladder. It doesn't matter for gender. the baby is big enough that it's easy to determin what is what.

General_Mamma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:54 AM

By 18-22wks (when they general do the anatomy scan), your uterus should be up out of your pubic bone, and a full bladder would make no difference.  What CAN make a difference, is baby's positioning.. which you have little control over.

aubB06
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:55 AM
This.....

Quoting General_Mamma:

By 18-22wks (when they general do the anatomy scan), your uterus should be up out of your pubic bone, and a full bladder would make no difference.  What CAN make a difference, is baby's positioning.. which you have little control over.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMILFof2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:01 AM
They made me have a full bladder with my first son. I didn't drink before so I had to sit in the office and drink water. And the lady was really rough with me. My Dr. now didn't have a preference. It just depends on the tech I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)