Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone else itching like crazy??

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM
  • 9 Replies

Ugh it is driving me crazy!  The past two days I have been so itchy, my scalp, my arms, my back, I don't know what's going on.  I have heard that pregnancy can cause itching and dry skin due to hormone changes and such but I can't stand it.  I'm about to take a flea bath or something lol.  Is anyone else having this, or should I be worried?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wiser_then_ever
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:28 AM

i have super dry skin and eczema.. however my scalp never was itchy before but now is and sometimes my feet itch which never were itchy prior pregnancy

airforewifenmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:28 AM
I AM! ESPECIALLY my boobs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tgh46737
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Well its good to hear I'm not the only one but boy does it suck!

elliesmommy404
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I'm not itching that bad, but I was scratching my arm and hand some when I saw the title for this post. My back itches during pregnancy, but that's because I get acne on my back. Coconut oil may help or other lotions, especially those medicated or those for eczema.

CowgirlHC
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:33 AM

I am itching horrible and thought it was just me.  My thights, the under part of my upper arm, my tummy and hips, all of it to the point I want to dig my nails in as deep as they can go!  I been trying to stay moistureized which made me feel greasy, I'm using baby powder and it is actually helping.

General_Mamma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Hormones. YUM!

I use lotion loaded with Vitamin E.. or Vitamin E oil, iself.  It helps A LOT... and I avoid scented or dyed soaps, because they irritate my skin during pregnancy.

bxbsmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:09 AM

This has been me too!

Quoting airforewifenmom:

I AM! ESPECIALLY my boobs.

tgh46737
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I'm kind of freaked out cause I've been googling of course and came up with cholestasis which can cause itching during pregnancy and be serious if left untreated, ugh why can't any symptom of pregnancy just be because your pregnant and not have other causes to worry you!

Oobersezzy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:16 AM

i'm am itchy too. and i get really itchy right before bed. dont know why. Despite all moisturizers, i've got the itchy belly every talks about too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)