Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shooting at UT Austin

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM
  • 5 Replies
Keep those on campus in your prayers. I'm watching the news at my husband's store or else I would post news link. So far the only one dead is the shooter, but they believe there is a second gunman still out there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Wow--I didnt hear about this.  My prayers are with all who are effected.  How scary!

christine.r2624
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:54 AM
Its just happened within the past hour or two. We have a lot of friends at UT and actually heard via facebook before it even hit the news. The good news so far it seems the only injury is the dead gunman, but this whole thing is heartbreaking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Oh my.  I am happy your friends are okay.  I agree it is very heartbreaking. 

Megara
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:11 AM
Oh my goodness, I just read about this! We spent four years in Austin while my husband worked on a PhD and taught physics at UT. I remember learning about the tower sniper back in the 60's, so scary.
christine.r2624
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:20 AM
This is exactly what they were comparing it to :( although it seems like the only true intention here was a "public suicide" this time.

Quoting Megara:

Oh my goodness, I just read about this! We spent four years in Austin while my husband worked on a PhD and taught physics at UT. I remember learning about the tower sniper back in the 60's, so scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)