Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this pain normal?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:22 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi Ladies!  I'm 35 weeks pregnant and I have started to have some pretty decent pain right below my belly (in my crotch area), which increases when I have Braxton Hicks contractions.  It's to the point that it hurts even when i just try to roll over at night.  Is my body just preparing for my little boy to come?  I have no abnormal discharge or anything like that.  First pregnancy, too... so I have no idea what's going on =(

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
steph2884
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Probably normal. At that point in pregnancy, almost everything hurts! It's probably ligament pain. Everything is stretching past what it has ever been, so it's going to hurt :( But the good news is that you're almost there!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Oobersezzy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:37 AM

me too. seriously. it's my first pregnancy too on top of it. I keep hearing that it is normal. The baby will drop, hips are making room, pressure on your cervix blah blah blah. rolling over at night does hurt!  some of it is 'round ligament pain' which is normal. the rest is probably the fact that i am round and the baby decides which side is more comfortable for HER when i sleep.

grapejelly
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I had lots of pain when rolling over at night!  it felt like my hips were going to fall off.  it's probably normal pregnancy discomfort, but it can't hurt to mention it at your next appt.

Mrs.Walter1987
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:47 AM
Im 37 weeks and for awhile now ive been having sharp stabing pains in what feels like my cervix area my dr said it was normal for women to feel this way later in pregnancy , this is my second child but the first was over four years ago so i cant remember everything from then i do know its normal to feel weird uncomfortable sometimes hurtfull feelings down there but if they are accompanied by anything like blood water SERIOUSLY SEVERE pains you should go to the hospital immediatly Hope this helped :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Walter1987
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:51 AM
Oh and i always, always bring up any new feelings and hurts to my drs attention bc it never hurts to be too careful when the newest love of your life is at stake
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shellie830
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:53 AM

The baby has probably moved into position when they do that moving at all hurts... Sorry you're in pain tho :(

CassieH
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Thanks ladies!  It just started recently, and kind of threw me for a loop.  I was having normal hip pain and whatnot, but didn't expect this pain in my cervix.  I'll make sure to bring it to my dr's attention at my next visit.  I just keep getting this feeling that my little guy is going to be early!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)