Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont get it...

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:28 AM
  • 10 Replies

So i was supposed to start my period sept 14th well it never came and i have been having tons of pregnancy symptoms, but have taken several pregnancy tests and they all have come back negative. But something thats been kind of weird is i have been having like a weird sensation in one part of my belly and its really uncomfortable and i have pains periodically. And im worried it may be an ectopic pregnancy and maybe thats why i keep getting negatives. What do you ladies think?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I think you would still get a + test even with an etopic pregnancy. It never hurts to share your concerns with your doctor. (((hugs)))) I know how frustrating this can be Not knowing for sure.

super_mom_5
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:39 AM
i think i would go to the dr and have them take a look at things. It may be something serious or just a simple infection if you are not pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CassieH
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:41 AM

If you think it's an ectopic pregnancy GO TO THE DR!!  If it is, and it's not taken care of, it can be very harmful to you =(  I hope you feel better soon!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I would recommend going to the doc and getting a blood test.  If it is ectopic, I have known people to get positive tests despite it.  Good luck!

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I'm also pretty sure that you get a positive with an ectopic pregnancy.

Call your OB just to be sure. Better safe than sorry!

mom2the.rescue
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:38 PM

You can get a positive or a negative w/an ectopic, just like with a regular pregnancy.  Call your doc.

rebel_mommy09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I would go to the dr. They can do a blood test and to me a blood test is better than the hpt's

angelbaby053099
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM

blood test... they can detect ANY pregnancy

Bknotnobody
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I say go to the doc and get a blood test done, and ultrasound, maybe its something else?

jlr09092006
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:49 PM

When I was in the very start of my pregnancy, I had weird pains and twinges on my left side.  I thought for sure it was ectopic too.  I had a + pregnancy test though. I went to the doctor and when they did the ultrasound, everything was all good.  My doctor said that it was probably because I ovulated from the left side so that was where that cyst thingy was growing.  She checked my ovaries too on the ultrasound and that's what it was.  I think even if it were ectopic you would have a + test, but if I were you I would make an appointment just to be sure!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)