Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

c-section mommas

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:50 AM
  • 19 Replies

i have a question. How long did it take for you to get your baby back after you had a c-section?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:50 AM
They brought him to me in recovery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K.a.C.87
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:51 AM

right after i was stitched up and in my room. but they had me soooo druged up i could even hold her, yet alone see her!!!!

orange4agua72
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:55 AM

They always sewed me back up and wheeled me into recovery and I got them RIGHT AWAY. It was at MOST 20 minutes. I got to BF imediately.

(Except with baby #3, she was 9 weeks early and went STRAIGHT to the NICU)

urtrnngvlt
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM

12 hours.  I know mine is excessive because of shift changes and checking him in the nicu.  Still it was EXTREMELY unnecessary and someone should have offered to wheel me to the nicu to see him as I couldn't walk.  The hospital I delivered at has a standard 2 or 3 hour wait as no one can be in the recovery room with you.

Danotoyou2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Baby was totally healthy, but I was 3 hours in recovery ALONE (they wouldn't even allow my SIL to come in to sit with me), got back to the room but was too woozy to hold him, and then passed out for about 5 or 6 hours. So I didn't spend any time with him or try nursing for 8-9 hours.

Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM

it was a fw hrs but i was knocked out for a while. they brought him to me when they took me to my room. i was still really loopy and shaky in the recovery room so they didnt bring him to me there..he was born at 4:54am and i think i was in my room by like 6 or 7am?..

Kristibeth
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:09 PM
12 hours here too. I had my c section at 9 pm and when i came out of recovery they said the doctor was seeing her so they would bring her to me when the doctor got finished. Well i fell asleep and it took my mother at 9 am when we woke up to tell the nurses to bring us the baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
springtimemomma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:11 PM

One hour. You have to be observed a mandatory 1 hour in recovery per my hospital's policy. As soon as I was wheeled into my room they brought me my baby. :)

kaygarcia97
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Approx 30min. My husband got her right away, she never went with a nurse or anything. I was stitched up and rolled back into my room and I had her in my arms instantly. This time I hope its more like 20 min

newmama008
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:14 PM
I'm jealous of the women that got their babies right away:( and I feel so bad for those who had to wait more than a few hours! I had to wait three hours to see him, the longest most miserable three hours of my life. I'm having a VBAC in January and this was one of my biggest reasons for not wanting another csection. I carried and bonded with my son for 9 months but I couldn't even hold him for a little over three hours after having him. I was so jealous that my entire family got to hold and meet him before me:( I'm his mommy I shouldve been the first to welcome him to the world. And I nor my son had no complications that's just how long I had to be in recovery and then wait for them to bring him to my room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)