Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adventures in Mommyhood

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM
  • 8 Replies
One thing about breastfed babies is that sometimes they will go days without pooping, "saving it up" for one massive poop explosion. Well my son had been saving it up for a few days and Sunday at church he decided to have a poop explosion all over his outfit. I cleaned him up and congratulated myself on my superior mommy skills for having a back-up outfit and a waterproof laundry bag to put the poopy clothes in. Five minutes later I hear another squirt (you know the sound!). I look with horror at a second explosion all over the back-up outfit! I thought I was going to have to take my child back into worship in nothing but his diaper! But thankfully my friend has a son two months older than mine and she had a back-up outfit to loan me. My new rule is two back-up outfits in the diaper bag! What adventures have you had lately?
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rileysmommy229
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:19 PM

lol i will be putting two outfits in the diaper bag from now on...my little guy hasn't pooped since last thursday!

christine.r2624
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM
I have a 3 year old who is pretty well potty trained minus sleeping. He fell asleep in the car 2 weeks ago and guess who hadn't made him potty before we left? New rule- potty or you're wearing a pull up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grapejelly
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:21 PM

oh no!

I totally know what you mean about saving up the poop though.. my DD does that, she usually has a BM every day, but if she skips a day - watch out!!

your story totally had me LOL!

Hecate9
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:46 PM
isn't it interesting how it get ALL up their back...lmao...or once I had to clean it up from underneath dd's armpits...she was talented...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minnie99q
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:54 PM
uuggghhhhh this happened to me... we were in another country at the rport abou to board to fly home : ( I had 3 outfits for both babies and they were all dirty... my luggage was already boarded on the undercarriage. i didnt know what to do but i went to the gift shop and got one of the scarves(head coverings muslim women wear) and i wrapped him in it. lol. poor guy looked like a girl wrapped in a dress but we made it home without another incedent and he made the scarf his blankie!!!!! he takes it everywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megara
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Judah has had poop all the way up to his neck almost to his hair!  How in the world does that happen??

Quoting Hecate9:

isn't it interesting how it get ALL up their back...lmao...or once I had to clean it up from underneath dd's armpits...she was talented...lol

Pandapanda
by Amber on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:20 PM
My son didn't poop at all on Sunday. Yesterday at his appointment the nurse asked me to strip him down and put him on the scale. I took his diaper off and there was a streak. No biggie, wipe him and then weigh him. He got very still and made his duck lip face and balled his fists up. Uh-oh. I slipped a diaper under him and covered him just in time. Massive amount of poop a minute later.
So I wipe him up again and he let's out a little toot and again balls up his fists.. oh no! Another dirty diaper. Good thing I have quick Mommy-flexes right? I wipe and put another diaper under his butt and just then he lifts his feet and bottom and out comes MORE poop! He was finally weighed him- 12lbs 15oz. I find myself wondering what he would have weighed before the massive amount of poop.

Mommyhood.. oh how I love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melame68
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:21 PM

i remember that happening a lot. i always carry 2-3 outfits with me. it never fails.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)