Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

driving=tons of BH?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:41 PM
  • 8 Replies

so i was just thinking about this cuz someone in another group of mine asked if ne one else was having BH. well i am have been since like a bit before 20wks i think..well they are really random and most of the time i dont really notice unless im in the car or standing. but i was thinking and realized that i get alot of them when i am driving. like it makes it really uncomfy to drive cuz my tummy is tight almost the whole time (and we live in a big city so sometimes we can b in the car for a long while)..does anyone else notice that sitting in a car or driving makes them have lots of BH?..and no, im not worried about it, its just kinda werid to me that i get a bunch when i am just sitting driving..could b cuz i have road rage alot maybe?..lol..

HI! im a 21yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS and one on the way. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
abra
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:43 PM

the stress of driving could definitely do it. When we lived in DC, whenever my hubby would drive (I always took public trans) I would get contractions and then after the baby was born, my chest would start leaking....apparently, it really stressed me out!

christine.r2624
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM
Oh no! Haha I get nervous when my hubby drives but not that nervous!

Quoting abra:

the stress of driving could definitely do it. When we lived in DC, whenever my hubby would drive (I always took public trans) I would get contractions and then after the baby was born, my chest would start leaking....apparently, it really stressed me out!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:54 PM

i almost never get nervous when my hubby drives but i do get car sick when i am pregnant. so he doesnt drive much if at all if i am in the car. he drives himself to and from work but thats about it...

Quoting christine.r2624:

Oh no! Haha I get nervous when my hubby drives but not that nervous!

Quoting abra:

HI! im a 21yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS and one on the way. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!

newmama008
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:58 PM
Me too!!! I always have BH contractions while I'm driving or just riding in the car. It's so weird!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
General_Mamma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:59 PM

One of the reasons that you're asked to not travel after a certain point in your pregnancy... is because of the way sitting conflicts with blood flow/ circulation... especially for long periods of time.  It's the same as if you lay flat on your back too long.. the lack of blood flow will cause contractions.  I'm restricted because of pre-term contractions, but when I drive in to my appointments (30-40min drive), I go from contracting every 15min to every 3-5min.. but only while sitting.

Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM

i dont count driving around running errands/going to the store or whatever as traveling. lol. if i were to drive the 12-14hr drive to go visit my dad that would b traveling..which i have done while pregnant twice (both times around 7-8months pregnant) and was fine..and i am also only 23wks right now..

Quoting General_Mamma:

One of the reasons that you're asked to not travel after a certain point in your pregnancy... is because of the way sitting conflicts with blood flow/ circulation... especially for long periods of time.  It's the same as if you lay flat on your back too long.. the lack of blood flow will cause contractions.  I'm restricted because of pre-term contractions, but when I drive in to my appointments (30-40min drive), I go from contracting every 15min to every 3-5min.. but only while sitting.

Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM

BUMP!

Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:28 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)