Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who actually tried castor oil and did it "work"?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM
  • 5 Replies
I hear so many horror stories- I wanna know how many of you tried it and it actually worked or if it didn't... And if you would do it again?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
abra
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:49 PM

I tried it at 40 weeks. I was 4 cm dilated, fully effaced and the baby was at station zero. It didn't work for me, but I got some serious stomach cramps and spend an hour on the toilet. Talk about insult to injury! I would never do it again!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
lind.shep
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:51 PM
I tried it, actually downed the whole bittle (mil suggested this) and I had the worst cramps and diarreah. did nothing for labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I did it, and it didn't work.  However, after doing it, I felt the best I had every felt in months.  It was seriously amazing!  I must have been a little backed up or something (sorry TMI).  I am not sure if I would ever do it again.

christine.r2624
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM
Haha this made me laugh! My grandma insists I need to do it closer to time and I am tooo scared! I'd rather not go through the awful stomach ache on top of contractions if it *did* actually work! I think I'd rather be pregnant lol

Quoting meam4444:

I did it, and it didn't work.  However, after doing it, I felt the best I had every felt in months.  It was seriously amazing!  I must have been a little backed up or something (sorry TMI).  I am not sure if I would ever do it again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ANandLPsMom
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:17 AM

I did it at 40w3d (around there) with DD2. Same thing, just pooping, caused some contractions, BUT all it did was stress baby out bc she was breech (I didnt know) and not ready. She had meconium in her fluid. That could be from her being overdue but the dr said more likely bc I stressed her out.

Quoting christine.r2624:

Haha this made me laugh! My grandma insists I need to do it closer to time and I am tooo scared! I'd rather not go through the awful stomach ache on top of contractions if it *did* actually work! I think I'd rather be pregnant lol

Quoting meam4444:

I'm the best mom I can be. I don't expect you to agree with my parenting choices, lifestyle, or anything I do. I've got two beautiful bi-racial daughters (6/6/04 & 8/29/07) and am expecting our first boy in October!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)