• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mosquitos Like Pregnant Women

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

I hate those lil suckers. I live in TX its humid and since there is humidity and standing water we have a ton of mosquitos. Well ever since I have been pregnant they seem to love me 1000xs more than before. Anyone else

during pregnancy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SarahFire82
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Texas here too! They are always bad but they seem to go for my Dh and my 5 yr old more than me. But I don't go outside that much cause its been so hot. Its nice today though!

What part of Tx are you in?

BabyFruit Ticker

kaygarcia97
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Quoting SarahFire82:

Texas here too! They are always bad but they seem to go for my Dh and my 5 yr old more than me. But I don't go outside that much cause its been so hot. Its nice today though!

What part of Tx are you in?

Magnolia/The Woodlands area. Its off 1-45.

during pregnancy
SarahFire82
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Oh cool I am in Houston area too, closer to downtown right off 1-10 east and 610 loop.

kaygarcia97
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Quoting SarahFire82:

Oh cool I am in Houston area too, closer to downtown right off 1-10 east and 610 loop.

I was JUST over there yesterday. My sister and I went to the Galleria Mall.. and got stuck in the elevator and had a major panic attack lol.

during pregnancy
SarahFire82
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Quoting SarahFire82:

I was JUST over there yesterday. My sister and I went to the Galleria Mall.. and got stuck in the elevator and had a major panic attack lol.

Oh no thats horrible! that place is huge I haven't been there in years. My sister loves the Galleria but its too big for me lol! Glad you're ok!

BabyFruit Ticker

PoodleMum
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:41 AM

It's actually a scientific fact that mosquitos love pregnant women more :(  It has something to do with breathing more heavily and the lactic acid that we're giving off.  So lame...

rebecca_bullard
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Mosquitoes like blood that is lower in iron....it doesnt have as much of that metallic taste.

They are also attracted to lots of perfumes/colognes

They tend to be more attracted to women

The best #1 defense against mosquitoes (without covering yourself in toxic bug spray) is body odor. Gross I know. But seriously....stinky men who dont wear deodorant NEVER get bit.

RazmatazzBt
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:28 AM

lol I also experienced this a couple weeks ago...my legs have scars where I scratched the crap out of them.

pregowithfifth
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:32 AM

yup it is proven that they will attack a pregnant woman standing in a crowd of people the pregnant woman gets the most bites.  When I was prego I would not even go outside unless I had to because they would swarm to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)