• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babymoon anyone?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM
  • 9 Replies

Will you be taking a babymoon?  If so, where?

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
doulala
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:37 PM

In my circles, "Babymoon" is the term for locking yourself in your bedroom, postpartum.   You allow others to take care of Life for about 2 weeks so you can establish your breastmilk, recover, and get to know your newborn!

:-)

So that answers the "where" question, lol!

AshMac416
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Quoting doulala:

In my circles, "Babymoon" is the term for locking yourself in your bedroom, postpartum.   You allow others to take care of Life for about 2 weeks so you can establish your breastmilk, recover, and get to know your newborn!

this ^^^

rebecca_bullard
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:47 PM

ugh...i wish. but sadly no family could make it in BEFORE this friday.... so we'll have no one to watch the kids.

rebecca_bullard
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:48 PM
Wow...again, I wish. Ill have family here to help take care of my kids....but I dont think Ill be able to get away with locking myself in the room. lol

Quoting doulala:

doulala
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Rebecca, there are things you can do to prepare (stock up in the freezer, pantry, get a meal train, etc), you can have a postpartum doula, delivery groceries (or a friend to do that), etc.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Im sorry!!  But, you are going to meet your baby sooon!!!!  :)

Quoting rebecca_bullard:

ugh...i wish. but sadly no family could make it in BEFORE this friday.... so we'll have no one to watch the kids.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I def. think with my next baby (when ever it will be), I should get a postpartum doula.  I can't even imagine how helpful it would be.

Quoting doulala:

Rebecca, there are things you can do to prepare (stock up in the freezer, pantry, get a meal train, etc), you can have a postpartum doula, delivery groceries (or a friend to do that), etc.

doulala
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:25 PM

It's soo important that a mom is nurtured, herself, during this period.  
    SOO important!!

Quoting meam4444:

I def. think with my next baby (when ever it will be), I should get a postpartum doula.  I can't even imagine how helpful it would be.

Quoting doulala:

mojob85
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:49 PM
Nope no babymoon here either. I wish I could lock myself in a room but that would never happen....lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)