Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Contraction Question

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:32 PM
  • 1 Replies

I have a quick question for you ladies.  I am 32 weeks with my second child.  I started having Braxton Hicks at about 20 weeks, and they have gotten more frequent/intense as the weeks go by.  For the past week, I have also been having period-like cramps and burning back pain (as opposed to the normal back pain we all feel).  The cramps come in infrequent waves and tend to be in the lower belly.  For the most part, my uterus seems to be relaxed when they hit.  Should I be concerned or is this just a normal part of pregnancy?  I don't remember experiencing this with my first.  In fact, I had maybe a handful of Braxton Hicks that time around.  I have a regular OB visit tomorrow so will, of course, talk to her but wanted some insight from you ladies as well.  I'm probably making a big deal over nothing.  As far as I know, I'm not at risk for pre-term labor (my first was at 39 1/2 weeks) and have had a very healthy/uneventful pregnancy thus far.  Thanks in advance!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
xxlilmomma09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:11 PM

If your uterus is not tightening with the back pain, then I wouldn't be worried about it. Just stay hydrated and bring it up to your OB tomorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)