• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excitement!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM
  • 3 Replies

Probably silly... but we got a call that our insurance will kick in 2 weeks from now. I'm excited! (haven't been to the doctor yet) I'm guessing I'm around 9 weeks... but on the other hand I've been able to feel my uterus since two weeks ago so I have no idea. (I have a tilted uterus)

Now the frustration sets in. I'm kinda venting here. I want a midwife... this time I want a real one that will participate in the labor process and doesn't leave and check on me every 3-4 hours.

Only problem is most the good midwives here will only do home births. There isn't a birth center closer then 2 hours and I'm nervous about home births.  The only two midwives that do hospital births... well one is holistic and I'm not sure I agree with a lot of her stuff and the other is associated with a doctor office I had a bad experience with. 

I don't know what to do...frustrated Well that's my vent! 

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ladyambition
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM

If you went to the health department they could of gave you some prenatal vitamins and temporary insurance 45 days. If sometime happens to your insurance go to the health department they can help you get insurance too.

One-n-Counting
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I have been taking prenatal vitamins! This is my second pregnancy so I know how to take care of myself. My insurance start in two weeks so no need for the health department! 

doulala
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:56 PM

We can talk about your concerns~

Since (statistically) homebirthing is as safe or safer than hospital birthing for normal pregnancies, it's worth investigating!!

;-)

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)