Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What words drive you insane?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:32 PM
  • 59 Replies

Okay there are certain words that drive me insane when i here people say them. I hate the word "backpack", its a book bag! I hate to hear some one call soda "pop"! I hate when people call purses "pocketbooks"!! I hate when people say "sneakers", your wearing tennis shoes no one has woren sneakers since the 80's! Theres more but I can't think of them right now.

Married to DH Chris, and future momma to a bouncy baby boy edd 12/5/10

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xxlilmomma09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Baby momma or baby daddy drives me freakin' crazy, lol!

shellie830
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Lol Your first two I am totally opposite of you with but the other two I'm right there with you... How about when people are trying to say specific and say Pacific! That drives me nuts and DH made up this word tooken I tell him all the time it's taken or took not both!! 

Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM

to me its a backpack especially if u are not using it for books..lol..its annoying when ppl say pop but i dont really care..a pocketbook it something different than a purse to me (its like a wallet)..and i agree they are not sneakers..um i hate the word preggo, it reminds me of the sauce and i am not a sauce..preggers is ok i guess, but still fairly annoying..i cant really think of any words that get to me..hmm..

Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:37 PM

OMG i HATE when ppl say tooken. its not tooken. its taken or took not both put together!..lol..

Quoting shellie830:

Lol Your first two I am totally opposite of you with but the other two I'm right there with you... How about when people are trying to say specific and say Pacific! That drives me nuts and DH made up this word tooken I tell him all the time it's taken or took not both!! 

HI! im a 21yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS and one on the way. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

dmc512

"HUH" drives me crazy!!!! My 3 year old son says it constantly and I could pull my hair out. But if I hear an adult say it I get so irritated... Theres more but I cant think right now. Thats funny you said backpacks and pop I say both but the pop thing is more dependent on where you live I am from western PA and thats all its called.... lol

saralouise

well on here it's "bash" and I call everything that you mentioned the words you don't like lol. I think it's an area thing.

C8Baxter
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM

As with the above posters...I used Backpacks, not book bags in school and I drink pop, not soda. It's all where you were raised :)

I don't care for the word sneaker :P. I don't like the word "species." It sounds weird to me:P. I don't like the word "hate" and try to never use it.

On top of that, I do bite my tongue constantly so I don't correct people's grammar :).

BabyFruit Ticker

newmama008
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM
I'm with you on the HUH! My two yr old just started this a few weeks ago and it drives me insanne!!!! He says. It a thousand times a day!!!

Quoting dmc512:

"HUH" drives me crazy!!!! My 3 year old son says it constantly and I could pull my hair out. But if I hear an adult say it I get so irritated... Theres more but I cant think right now. Thats funny you said backpacks and pop I say both but the pop thing is more dependent on where you live I am from western PA and thats all its called.... lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaydensmomma707
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:41 PM

It is totally an area thing! Me and my hubby always argh about the backpack  versus bookbag debate because he's from cali  and im from VA and  he says backpack! we both agree on all the other ones though.

MysticDolphin86
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Quoting jaydensmomma707:

Okay there are certain words that drive me insane when i here people say them. I hate the word "backpack", its a book bag! I hate to hear some one call soda "pop"! I hate when people call purses "pocketbooks"!! I hate when people say "sneakers", your wearing tennis shoes no one has woren sneakers since the 80's! Theres more but I can't think of them right now.

I'm just the oppositite. It drives me crazy to hear book bag or soda... Soda is for baking lol. I think that has something to due to where ya grew up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)