• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breaking water?!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM
  • 36 Replies
I was just wandering if it hurts for dr to break your water i have heard it go both ways and its got me a little hesitant on breaking it or getting pitocin. any info is appriciated feel free to put personal expeirence. TIA!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shall_gal
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:37 PM

It didnt hurt me but we are all different!!!1

aikenchic
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:38 PM

It didn't hurt when I had my water broke.  I didn't even know they had to do it.  I found out after I had my son that that is what they did.   However, I had already been on pitocin for about 6 hours and was in pain and miserable even with the dang epidural which I will never do again.  Everyone is different.

doulala
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:44 PM

You don't have any nerves in the amniotic sac, so not there.    But going in there, sometimes the hook, and often the contractions that follow can be painful.

Avoiding AROM is an important consideration!     (TOO risky for me~ )    Are you thinking about it?

xxlilmomma09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:46 PM

My water was broken with my first child at 35 weeks due to medical reasons.. and it didn't hurt. I was then hooked up to pitocin to get labor going faster.. and the pitocin made labor entirely too hard for me.. I ended up getting an epidural immediately.

MommyToBeOfTwo
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:46 PM
Didn't hurt me but was uncomfortable being poked and prodded.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MikeysMom51108
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:48 PM

My doctor broke my water with my second, and it didn't hurt. She broke my water to induce me because I had pre-e, and my BP spiked.

With my son, I had pitocin (my water broke naturally with him, and I didn't go into labor--wasn't aware at the time that I didn't have to go to the hospital as soon as my water broke). But, I can't really tell you if it hurt worse with pitocin or not. With my son, I had an epidural. But, with my daughter, I did not have an epidural (or pitocin), so I actually felt those contractions....

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

meggiepooh4u
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:49 PM
Whats arom?

Quoting doulala:

You don't have any nerves in the amniotic sac, so not there.    But going in there, sometimes the hook, and often the contractions that follow can be painful.

Avoiding AROM is an important consideration!     (TOO risky for me~ )    Are you thinking about it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
monichella71787
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:52 PM

I felt a pop. It felt like it does when you pop your back. It did not hurt.  I have heard of women experiencing a lot of pressure leading up to the break. 

LUVMI4BOYZ
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:52 PM
I had to have my water borke all 4 times and it did not hurt at all... I have heard that tho..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LUVMI4BOYZ
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:54 PM
Artificial rupture of membranes...

I love guessing what abreviations mean, lol..

Quoting meggiepooh4u:

Whats arom?

Quoting doulala:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)