• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Compression Binders

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:47 PM
  • 5 Replies

I just wanted to share with all you mommas about the joys I've experienced with my compression binder haha. I had an emergency c-sec a year and a half ago and was in so much pain afterwards that I could barely get out of bed for weeks. Recovery was just down-right rough.

2 weeks ago, I had my second emergency c-sec and requested a compression binder at the hospital because I've read that they're really good for adding support to the incision, helping you slim down faster, reduces swelling, reduces the size of your scar by supporting your tummy, helps your posture while breastfeeding, ect. I put it on right after the surgery and have worn it every day since. All I can say is WOW! My stomach is already almost as small as it was pre-pregnancy (I carried a 'pouch' for the first 4 months PP with my first child), I was out of bed and walking around by the next day, and I only needed pain pills for the first week. Now I'm back to work (I'm a resident manager so I have alot of general cleaning duties) and feel better then I have in 9 months haha.

Just thought I'd share! They are expensive to buy but most insurances cover it. Just ask your hospital! I'm sure even vaginal birth mommas would find great relief in the binders too.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'm a proud breastfeeding, baby wearing, anti-CIO, vaccinating, cloth diapering, cloth pad wearing, pro-life, vegetarian, crunchy momma!
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jaydensmomma707
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:48 PM

cool! im hoping for a vaginal birth but im getting the belly bandit to help lose the baby weight lol

Zhi
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Cool! You will be amazed with how fast your belly gets smaller!

Quoting jaydensmomma707:

cool! im hoping for a vaginal birth but im getting the belly bandit to help lose the baby weight lol

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'm a proud breastfeeding, baby wearing, anti-CIO, vaccinating, cloth diapering, cloth pad wearing, pro-life, vegetarian, crunchy momma!
housefullofkidz
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:30 PM

I really want to try one out. Thanks for the review!!

boom_maker
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:33 PM

they gave me one after my c-sec with my first son so i really don't know what it's like without one. i loved it though and felt like it gave me support. i'm going to ask my doc at my next appt if they provide them after surgery since i'll be having another c-sec.

maryo630
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I loved mine after my second csection.  I will be asking for another one or just bring the old one with me sfter the third c section. The only problem the last time was i didn't have the help to get it on. You really need it tight and i couldn't do it by myself. :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)