Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a fear of gestational diabetes?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:27 PM
  • 8 Replies
Do you have a fear of gestational diabetes? Does it make you want to eat healthier during your pregnancy?

sigginew.jpg picture by us5dots 

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
boom_maker
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:30 PM

i do not fear it because i went through it with my first pregnancy. i'm taking my 1hr glucose test tomorrow and expect to fail it, we'll see about the 3 hr. it does make you eat a lot healthier, you're definitely a lot more concious about what you're eating instead of eating anything and everything you want.

imapepper
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Yes!  I didn't have it, or anything close to it with my first pregnancy and I probably don't this time either.  I already eat pretty healthy and work out frequently, but I'm still scared of it.  I have mine tomorrow too.  What are warning signs anyway?

R_mommaof3
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Not afraid of it because I have had it now 3 times.  I eat right normally & work out too.  I also have no history of GD in my family.  It just happens to some people.

The diet always works for me...and keeps me away from pregnancy cravings.

boom_maker
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:36 PM

there anren't any real warning signs and it really has nothing to do with how healthy you are. i eat pretty decent and i'm not overweight. diabetes also does not run in my family but i still got it last time. we'll see if it gonna happen again! nothing to be afraid of though, for most it's diet controlled.

Quoting imapepper:

Yes!  I didn't have it, or anything close to it with my first pregnancy and I probably don't this time either.  I already eat pretty healthy and work out frequently, but I'm still scared of it.  I have mine tomorrow too.  What are warning signs anyway?

luvkids329
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM
It does run some in my family,I have noticed myself eating healthy breakfast and lunch,atleast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hrivera5
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:02 PM

No fear.  I get it everytime I am pregnant.  It does make me eat better and exercise, keeps my numbers under control just by changing a couple of things.  I have had no problems from it.

momma_2b_2010
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:04 PM

i was pretty scared of it, even tho i ate pretty good. no soda barely any sweets. but my mom had it with my youngest sister, and i HATED seeing her give herself shots in her big prego belly:/ i couldnt do that!

boom_maker
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:18 PM

most women do not have to do the shots.

Quoting momma_2b_2010:

i was pretty scared of it, even tho i ate pretty good. no soda barely any sweets. but my mom had it with my youngest sister, and i HATED seeing her give herself shots in her big prego belly:/ i couldnt do that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)