Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: i phone or droid?????

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:58 PM
  • 26 Replies

Poll

Question: Which one should I get????

Options:

i phone

Droid

Neither

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

I know this is really off topic, but I am debating between getting an iphone or droid. I really like the iphone but didn't want AT&T, and I am not sure about the droid but I want Verizon....Can anyone give me the pro's and/or cons if you own one...Thanks Girls!!!!!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bknotnobody
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:00 PM

In january verizon is taking on the Iphone as well. I however prefer the droid...

The newest iphone was dropping calls for people because of where the antenna goes..and how you hold the phone.

EmilyKC
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:01 PM
I have a HTC Droid Eris. I'm not a fan of this phone anymore. But my DH has the Droid and he never has a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WaitingOnBabyK
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:02 PM
I say...Blackberry.

Lmao. I'm partial to BB's because I have one and I couldn't live without it! (Well, I could but I wouldn't be as happy. :))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyKC
Oh and u still get all the cool apps that the iPhone has to offer, that's a plus!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoLuckysAngel

I have had the droid since June and absolutely love it. Between my husband and I, my sister, my mom and my aunt we have 4 different versions through Verizon and we all love them. None of us have had any issues, the only complaint my mother has is that she got the one without a keyboard and she doesn't like to text on the touch screen.

Brittani630
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:04 PM

What about the battery life on the droid??? My dad got a droid and said the battery life is horrible.

Bknotnobody
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:07 PM

they have an app killer, and it helps with the battery life... and preserving it. It's a free app. Only time it kills my battery now is when I use my GPS, which is why I now own a car charger. :)

Quoting Brittani630:

What about the battery life on the droid??? My dad got a droid and said the battery life is horrible.

rebecca_bullard
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:09 PM

k...fyi....if you want verizon, they will be coming out with the verizon iphone in january, once at&t loses exclusive contract. So technically..you could have both verizon and the iphone if youre willing to wait.

i voted driod though...

there are lots of different versions of the driod and tons of features i find more user friendly. Also...im not a big fan of apple... i hate ipods, i hate the software....etc etc etc

Brittani630
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Ohhhh OK...well thanks for letting me know that, I will have to let my dad know, he just got his last week and said his battery goes dead within a few hours.

Quoting Bknotnobody:

they have an app killer, and it helps with the battery life... and preserving it. It's a free app. Only time it kills my battery now is when I use my GPS, which is why I now own a car charger. :)

Quoting Brittani630:

ready_for2
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:11 PM

i have the iphone and love it!! i have always been with att though, so i have no experience with verizon.

att sometimes sucks on its coverage areas, like my mom lives in the middle of nowhere and there is no service there, yet my DH who had verizon always had service there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)