Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you plan to be a strict or easy-going parent?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:05 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you plan to be a strict or easy-going parent?

sigginew.jpg picture by us5dots 

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
munkiebaby
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:08 PM

i would like to be easy going parent but my boyfriend is easy enough for both of us lol hed rather be the kids friend then a dad i have seen it with his 16yr old so this one will be diff but deffently not overly strict

OutlawMUA
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:23 PM
I'm very strict.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:25 PM

I am more middle of the road strict when I need to be easy going the rest of the time, my parents ruled with an iron fist and I had a miserable childhood and I don't want that for my kids

Melissa0741
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:28 PM
I don't think I'm super strict but I'm not easy going lol. I think kids need that structure and they need to learn that there are consequences for their actions. BUT I also want them to be kids and enjoy life. So I think there has to be a balance and I try very hard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lolablitz
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:35 PM
I believe in establishing boundaries and gentle authority - consistency, rules & time-outs. I don't spank and don't buy into methods like Love & Logic. I do believe it's important to give children choices, however, but I can't stand the slightly shaming tactics used in L&L. So it depends on your perspective. I'm very comfortable with my parenting style, but I was a nanny through grad school so I think it helped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuLuThatsWho
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I am neither strict nor easy.  I try not to give too many rules or nag because it seems to give my son a desire to rebel.  We enforce important rules- No going into the street.  No hitting.  No saying "no" to a grown up.  As for little things that stricter parents tend to nag about, I know that he will learn how to behave as he goes.  I try to choose my battles and remember that he doesn't have to learn all of life's lessons, manners, etc in one day.  I have to just let some of it go...

missmegan09
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:25 PM

same

Quoting Melissa0741:

I don't think I'm super strict but I'm not easy going lol. I think kids need that structure and they need to learn that there are consequences for their actions. BUT I also want them to be kids and enjoy life. So I think there has to be a balance and I try very hard.

MikeysMom51108
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I'm easy-going. Probably too easy-going considering my son's spoiled rotten and doesn't listen.....

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

ladyambition
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Probably half way between both

Mommy2b2324
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:29 PM
im easy going. i dont believe that a child cant say or do something simply cause society says so. my kids have full freedom of expression so if they wanna cuss, they can. its just a word! they are guided by me, not dictated by.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)