Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my baby's super long!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

So either my baby is super long or I just have the shortest torso in the world!  Cause I literally feel his head on my cervix (and the doc confirmed to day that his head is in fact right on my cervix) & I feel his butt & legs in my ribs!!  Is this normal?  Cause I'm peein literally every half hour or less & I have heartburn from hell!  I think it means he has no where to drop.  I'm a naive FTM here, so I don't know whether I'm comin or goin!  LOL!  Anyone else who's close to the end feeling like this or felt this in a previous pregnancy?  Btw, I'm due 10/17 (37w2d along)

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jaydensmomma707
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:49 PM

thats exactly how i am and have been since like 25 weeks!! My doctor said he was measuring a little larger though, my baby is rather long at 29 weeks he was already 17 inches!! (im 30 weeks and 3 days now)

maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:49 PM

YUP! My little girl i could feel like in my crotch (lol sorry but its true!) and i could pat her butt up in my ribs.. she was long too.. 22 inches. for a girl thats pretty long..

norahsmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:50 PM

I felt like that wth my last pregnancy.  I couldn't bend at the end and had the head in crotch, butt in ribs. I could bend over right to the end with my other kids.  I kept saying THIS baby is huge! And I was right.  She was 22 inches long at birth and 8 lbs 1 oz.  My other kids were right at 6 lbs and 18 and 19 inches at birth, so my third baby was ALOT bigger!

General_Mamma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM

BUMP!

moms rock

silversunshine
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Ok cool, I'm not crazy!  Lol!  I don't think he'll be a fat baby when he comes out..  Just long.  His dad is 6'2, so I guess that is a contributor.  I'm only 5'5.  But we're both very slender people so dunno if that factors in or not.  Who knows.  I'm way excited to see what he's gonna look like!

tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:48 AM

right there with you. last thursday doctor checked for dialation and said she felt his head when she checked. His butt is still up by my ribs and his feet are on the other side of my belly by my ribs and he likes to somehow push both out at the same time and stretch my stomach sideways as far as he possibly can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)