• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What pain medication are you going to use during labor?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM
  • 35 Replies
I just had my 20 week check up and I told my doctor that I really don't want to get an Epi because the last two times I have had reactions to it. The last time I got to the hospital after my water broke and I was 5cm when I got there. She suggested Stadol for the pain when I need it. Has anyone else used this?
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:15 PM
Nope. I had a spinal for ds and natural with dd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:17 PM
I'm going for none this time. I really hope I'm strong enough to make it all the way without drugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hurleydoll18
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:17 PM

HATED Stadol.  I regret every bit of it.  It made me loopy and way too tired.  I was asleep before contractions were over and woke up at the height of the next one.  It was my family's job to wake me up as the contractions were starting so it wasn't instant pain but that didn't always happen.  I look drugged in my pics and that is not how I wanted to remember it.  It didn't help with the pain but made me too loopy to really care I guess.  I was lucky that it didn't make my son sluggish at birth. 

I won't be taking anything with this next baby.  I only plan on using my concentration and the water from the birthing tub. 

Yuriko_chan
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Bump Bump!!!

maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:18 PM

I used nubaine (spelling?) it was AMAZING! lol

AmazonQueen72
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Since I'm having a C-Section I'm stuck with the Epidural.

LaughterHugs
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM

i had some stadol with my first, but the best thing i did for pain was to have a waterbirth with my 2nd :P the hot water tub took away 9/10th of the pain :D

Bren07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM

i think thats what they used for my second while they were getting my epi (it took 2hrs cuz they dont keep an anesthesiologist at the hospital on call)..

BlessednHappy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Quoting ColieO:

I'm going for none this time. I really hope I'm strong enough to make it all the way without drugs.

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I did it with no drugs. I don't regret it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)