Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

u/s late in pregnancy

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:43 PM
  • 22 Replies
How many of you ladies have had one to check the baby's weight? And how accurate was it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy0815
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM
Anyone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyssacabrera03
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:00 PM
I had one at 32 weeks saying she was 4 lbs 8 oz. Don't know how accurate tho.
maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Nope :( we did a 3d ultra sound at 32 weeks and that was our last ultra sound..

ForeverInLove
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM
With my son, I had one the monday before I had him and it said he'd be about 6lbs...he was 4lbs 14oz, lol.

And, my daughter measured 4lbs 2oz at 30 weeks, and I had one done at 35 weeks and that said 6lbs 1oz. My ob ordered another one for Monday, so we'll see what that one says.

And, the reasoning for my ultrasounds is because my son was so small full term, I'm not gaining weight this pregnancy, and my daughter has a cyst in her stomach.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Have you had her already??? At 32 weeks mine was 4 pounds 11 ounces.. just curious if you had her what her birth weight and length was? wondering how close ours were!

Quoting alyssacabrera03:

I had one at 32 weeks saying she was 4 lbs 8 oz. Don't know how accurate tho.

monichella71787
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:14 PM

I did a few days before the scheduled induction. Baby was predicted to be 9lbs.  He came out at 7lbs, 6 oz. 

Lullababy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM

I have had them with other pregnancies and were off by lbs.

Sonogirl
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Its not very accurate. Im an ultrasound tech and its + or - a 2 lbs either way. They just use it as a comparison to the next ultrasound. 

mommy0815
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:32 PM
well the doc wants me to do one at 37 wks. That's the reason I was asking. They won't do another one after this one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Quoting mommy0815:

well the doc wants me to do one at 37 wks. That's the reason I was asking. They won't do another one after this one.

What do you want to do?
If you prefer to avoid the exposure, it is really just for fun not for a medical reason, you can certainly say no.

I have never had any ultrasounds in my pregnancies--   Just like a vaginal exam, an U/S for sizing is not really giving information you *should* use~   you don't want to base any decisions from it.  
For entertainment purposes only.

(And no, I don't do vaginal exams, either, lol!)

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)