Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick of visitors.. VENT!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM
  • 27 Replies

Maybe I'm being weird.. but after you have baby do you get sick of visitors??

My DH has a big family and i feel like they all want to come visit her like 3 times a week. to me thats to much!! She is three weeks old now and im soooo sick of visitors... we can go a few days without them but not even a full week. it is driving me nuts.. I know people are excited b/c its first grand kid and for some first great grand child but its so frustrating!! im mommy and i want alone mommy time!! DH is to nice and wont tell people no.. Im not sure how to tell them!

Especially the first few weeks after she was born (and even now a little bit) i had baby blues so bad and i was so sick of seeing people hold her.. I WANT TO HOLD HER.

Am I being cranky and bossy? Or do you get sick of visitors?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyKC
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM
Awe I hope u feel better:'( I haven't had my baby girl yet. I have a feeling that I might be in ur spot in a few months! GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaydensmomma707
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM

oh i would totally be the same way!

mommybug77
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM

My in-laws, SIL & her husband will visit in the hospital. My sisters will show up a few days after I get home & stay for a few days (it will be during their spring break). I am not sure when I will see my parents. That will be it. I don't let my house have a revolving door especially since this will be my 4th c-section

General_Mamma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM

I'm always the same way... totally normal to need your own time with baby.

maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:11 PM

its just so frustrating.. especially bc we are pretty much loners to begin with.. no one came over before baby and we loved it that way.. why do they think its okay to come over ALL THE TIME just b/c we had a baby? this is OUR family and we need our time..

General_Mamma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Absolutely.  I sufered in silence when I had my first, but after that, I risked upsetting my family, but told them straight up "WE NEED REST!".... it should be a given that you AND baby need a break, but not everyone things that way when it comes to a new baby.

Momy2beAUG.2009
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Oh my I def couldnt of handled it lasting for weeks.  I was sooo beyond fed up with visitors after the first week.  I was so happy when DH went back to work cause then his family stopped coming by and it was soooo nice.  I hope it gets better soon. 

Rlmama00
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:22 PM
I dealt with the same thing with my first. With my second things calmed down and people were more respectful of our time with our new baby.
momto1girl3boys
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM

I am mean. I do not invite people over. I have always felt like  just because the phone rings does not mean I have to answer it. Also, just because someone knocks on the door does not mean I have to open it. If I am not expecting someone that I invited over, I am not answering the door.

maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I am the same way!! I have ignored the phone etc... but DH is not like that..  he answers and they invite themselves over and he says okay! WTH?

Quoting momto1girl3boys:

I am mean. I do not invite people over. I have always felt like  just because the phone rings does not mean I have to answer it. Also, just because someone knocks on the door does not mean I have to open it. If I am not expecting someone that I invited over, I am not answering the door.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)