Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much did or does your 1 month old eat?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM
  • 4 Replies
My son is a month today and he eats sometimes every hour and a half about 2 or 3 oz's. An then like every 3 to 4 hrs he will eat 3 or 4 oz's. Sometimes he act's like he doesn't get enough to eat. his doctor said I could try some rice cereal in his formula,but he will eat and act like he's starving 2 hrs later. So has any of or does any of your kids do this? He has an apt tomorrow for his shot's and im gonna ask about this. But I wanted to see if this is going on with other kids. Thanks!
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyToBeOfTwo
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:29 PM
My ds1 ate about 3 oz every 3 hrs.sometimes more but he's also now 18 months and 28 pounds 34 inches lol.mommys linebacker!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fcangel9
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM
My 1 month old eats about 3oz every 3 hours, but I also use a little rice in his because if it's too thin he spits most of it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fcangel9
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:14 PM
Could be going thru a growth spurt right now, try giving him 5-6oz every 3 hours with rice, that may help. Or you could try oatmeal cereal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moser2km
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:24 AM

The earlier you introduce rice/oatmeal the worse off the baby can be.  Babies guts are not designed to be handling foods like that until 6 months.  It can cause leaky gut, food allergies, gas, all sorts of things.  Babies eat when they feel they need to eat.  Babies a month old should not be eating more than 3oz at a time, but they can eat as often as they want (I'm assuming you're using formula, the same holds true for breast milk, however).  Babies also do not know what a clock is, nor do they know how long its been since they last ate.  They want to eat when they're hungry.  Thus why on demand feeding is MUCH better for baby.  If you are using bottled breast milk, it makes perfect sense that baby is hungry, because breast milk is very easily digested by baby, as opposed to formula which sits like a rock in most babies stomachs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)