• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad hip pain

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

Lately, I've been feeling a lot of pain mainly in my right hip. My back hurts occasionally, but my right hip is really a problem. If I sit too long and try to get up I"m in pain. Sometimes it gives me a limp cause it hurts so bad. Is anybody else having problems with hips or any other joints. I'm only 23 and 1/2 weeks. I'm worried that the bigger I get, the more painful sitting, standing, and walking will be and I have to be able to work.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
WaitingOnBabyK
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM
YES! And what's so nuts about this is its my right hip too!! I'm 21 weeks, or 22 going by my little girls measurements! That is so crazy our problems are so similar...

I have no idea what causes it though...I'm assuming its just our babys weighing heavy and our bodies trying to adjust to our growing bellies.

Good luck. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashlynsmom14
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Yes, I talked to my midwife about it, she said that there is nothing you can do about it :(:( It is soooo bad that it wakes me up in the middle of the night and I could just cry! Along with my tail bone. It feels like I was hit in the tail bone with a baseball bat and there is NOTHING that makes the pain going away, it has to go away on it's own.

allens_mom06
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Quoting ashlynsmom14:

Yes, I talked to my midwife about it, she said that there is nothing you can do about it :(:( It is soooo bad that it wakes me up in the middle of the night and I could just cry! Along with my tail bone. It feels like I was hit in the tail bone with a baseball bat and there is NOTHING that makes the pain going away, it has to go away on it's own.

when i sleep too long on my right side i get a shooting pain in my right thigh. i can sleep as much on my left, but my right always give me problems. even when i switch to my left it takes a while for my right to stop throbbing.

ashlynsmom14
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:43 AM

I have the same problem but opposite! If I sleep too long on my left side my left hip hurts and there is NOTHING I can do to make it stop hurting. :( Oh the joys of pregnancy.

Quoting allens_mom06:

Quoting ashlynsmom14:

when i sleep too long on my right side i get a shooting pain in my right thigh. i can sleep as much on my left, but my right always give me problems. even when i switch to my left it takes a while for my right to stop throbbing.

pregnancy
livewell
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Yes, I had terrible pain in my hips. Luckily I have a topical pain cream that worked WONDERS...it's made with camphor and numbs the nerves. Let me know if you want to hear more about it. I know that I would not have been able to survive going to Europe 6 months pregnant with 4 kids without it!!

bethmartin21
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:06 PM

I was pregnant 6 months ago and had hip pain the whole end of the pregnancy couldn't stand to walk far, always felt like I need to pop my hips and my tail bone but couldn't. Now i'm 3 months  pregnant with # 2 and it feels like my body is going to fall through my hips, I could swear there not screwed on right these days they hurt to bad by the end of the day I can barley stand to lay down!

Marshallsmom422
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Might be your sciatic nerve...  not fun. 

It can be from your lower back to your hip and buttock area, and sometimes go down your leg.

kamrynlily07
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:14 PM

I had the same thing with my son starting at 16 weeks and continuing until the very end.  I had him a month ago, and let me tell you as soon as I pushed him out and got up to go to the bathroom I noticed it was gone!!  He was sitting on my sciatic nerve I think.  Tylenol was a joke, but icy hot cream sort of helped, along with a heating pad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)