Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Sore/numb foot after giving birth?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM
  • 11 Replies

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this....my baby is two weeks old as of yesterday and about 24 hours after giving birth to him I started having pain in my foot along with some occasional numbness.  I keep thinking it will go away but it hasn't.  The pain increases if I use if more....I've been trying to take it easy but it doesn't take much to make it throb and go numb like pins and needles for a minute or so.  The pain is more on the top of my foot just below my toes. It's always sore to the touch in that area.  No bruising but it does seem a bit puffy.  Any ideas? 

by on Oct. 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Yuriko_chan
by on Oct. 12, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Did you have an epidural?

BlessedMommyNE
by on Oct. 12, 2010 at 6:41 PM

No pain medication

barbiebubbles
by on Oct. 12, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Have u had sciatica issues at all?

Lullababy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Maybe when you were pushing you pinched a nerve.  I see a chiro regularly pg and not pg.  Maybe you should find one.  Wish I had more advice.

xpectingmama10
by on Oct. 12, 2010 at 6:44 PM

could be you strained a muscle while pushing. when i had my DD my finger tips were in soooo much pain i couldn't use my hands for a week. i guess grabbing the sides of the bed and squeezing to push i strained them. but go to the doctors see whats going on.

BlessedMommyNE
by on Oct. 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Thanks everyone...was hoping maybe someone else had experienced it.  It's just more annoying then anything and makes it difficult to walk without a limp at times.  May just have to bite the bullet and go see the doctor.

amytompkins
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Hi,

I  am experiencing the same symptoms especially numbing and soreness on the tops of my feet.  I just gave birth 6 weeks ago to twins, my 3rd and 4th children.  Did your numbing ever go away?  I had really swollen feet the last month of my pregnancy wasn't sure if this is related.  But I have no swelling now.

amy 

shay_on_words
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I just found your comment. I delivered a 10.7 lb baby, no c-section and I have had numb tingly feet for 10 months. I went to an orthopaedist, podiatrist, neuro and Phys therapy. Never totally got an answer. Have you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BlessedMommyNE
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I was told it was tendonitis and that I was really flat footed too.  I had to get shoes with better support and also picked up arch supports for my "pretty" shoes.  Stayed off them as much as I could and they did get better.  I start noticing issues again though if I'm up on my feet too much.  I had been doing ALOT of walking before my baby was born and the doc thinks that's what caused the tendonitis.  Anyways, good luck and I hope they get it figured out for you! 

Quoting shay_on_words:

I just found your comment. I delivered a 10.7 lb baby, no c-section and I have had numb tingly feet for 10 months. I went to an orthopaedist, podiatrist, neuro and Phys therapy. Never totally got an answer. Have you?

pacificamom
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM

yes--it was my blood pressure spiking post partum

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)