Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone have a "hidden twin" show up after just one u/s at 7.5 weeks?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM
  • 11 Replies

I was just curious if anyone had this happen when only one baby was seen at an early ultrasound? I had two follow-up appts. at 12 and 16 weeks where they only did the dopler and there wasn't really two heatbeats but then again they only check in one spot lower down and the nurse said I was carrying high for almost 17 weeks plus the heatbeat was very loud.  I was just curious because this is my first baby and I look very big but I have only gained 2 pounds.  I know everyone shows differently but I have just been wondering. I was never morning sick so I doubt it could be twins but I thought I would ask.  My husband says twins have been on his family but none on mine that I am aware of.  Thanks for any stories you can share with me! My 20 week appt. is on Dec. 23rd so if anything we will find out then, plus they just did my AFP test on Tuesday and I waiting to hear back. I will update if they send the AVP results today.

by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlkWingedAngel
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 10:50 AM

BUMP!

ahenderson0709
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 10:56 AM

no hidden twin here.  you could clearly see two sacks and two babies at my 6 week ultrasound. good luck.

20****25****30****35***

saralouise
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 11:16 AM

yeah we had a girl in here go through this a couple months ago and just finally got it confirmed about a month ago that there was twins. I think she was 27 weeks before seh knew that there are definately two.

Careeka22
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Quoting saralouise:

yeah we had a girl in here go through this a couple months ago and just finally got it confirmed about a month ago that there was twins. I think she was 27 weeks before seh knew that there are definately two.

Wow I can't imagine not finding out till that far along! I know I am overthinking this but you never know!

Loveing_My_Life
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Nope never happend to me. Kinda thinking it will might happen cause my Birth mother said she was a twin. But the sister die at birth.. ( well no really knows cause she had lied so much, and her parents are not living ) So I am kinda wishing I will get lucky and have twin Girls for my LAST PREGNANCY!

Loveing_My_Life
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 11:56 AM

BUMP!

One-n-Counting
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 12:15 PM

My fundal height was 5 weeks ahead of my due date and then it stopped growing for 4 weeks so they finally did an ultrasound. They couldn't say for sure but we probably had twins in the beginning and lost one. We now have just one healthy baby.

Careeka22
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Quoting One-n-Counting:

My fundal height was 5 weeks ahead of my due date and then it stopped growing for 4 weeks so they finally did an ultrasound. They couldn't say for sure but we probably had twins in the beginning and lost one. We now have just one healthy baby.

Awww, I hope that wasn't the case but congrats on your healthy baby. My stomach just popped out at 13 weeks and is just so round and somewhat hard it just makes me think there is more than one or a huge baby. The funny thing is I have only gained 2 pounds since my 7 week apt but I look like I could have gained 20!  I asked the nurse about it at my last appt and she said the baby was sitting high for being only 16 weeks but the funny thing was that the heatbeat was found at the lowest point of my stomach and was very loud.  I guess I will just have to be patient.

One-n-Counting
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Quoting Careeka22:

Quoting One-n-Counting:

Awww, I hope that wasn't the case but congrats on your healthy baby. My stomach just popped out at 13 weeks and is just so round and somewhat hard it just makes me think there is more than one or a huge baby. The funny thing is I have only gained 2 pounds since my 7 week apt but I look like I could have gained 20!  I asked the nurse about it at my last appt and she said the baby was sitting high for being only 16 weeks but the funny thing was that the heatbeat was found at the lowest point of my stomach and was very loud.  I guess I will just have to be patient.

It could be all kinds of things. Sometimes your due date is off or you might have more amniotic fluid.  Do twins run in your family? My moms side has twins so that is what gives me a higher chance of having twins. It's a waiting game so you might have to wait a little longer but I'm sure you'll find out soon enough.

Careeka22
by on Nov. 26, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Quoting One-n-Counting:

Quoting Careeka22:

Quoting One-n-Counting:

It could be all kinds of things. Sometimes your due date is off or you might have more amniotic fluid.  Do twins run in your family? My moms side has twins so that is what gives me a higher chance of having twins. It's a waiting game so you might have to wait a little longer but I'm sure you'll find out soon enough.

That could all be true, I just went off the due date they said at the first u/s which seemed to be accurate based off my LMP.  Twins to do not run on my Moms side from what I know so but I heard that Identical Twins just happen.  I sure it is nothing but I am huge if not for 17 weeks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)