Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it's a secret...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:53 AM
  • 12 Replies

I announced my pregnancy as soon as I got a positive pregnancy test with my first son. 

I announced my pregnancy at 12 weeks with my second son.

Had a miscarriage at 9 weeks and was glad that I had not announced my pregnancy yet.

I am 16 weeks pregnant now, and besides my immediate family and my best friend no one knows that I am pregnant yet. 

I am still super paranoid about miscarrying again... even though I know that the chances are extremely low now.  I am not really showing that much yet.  You can tell when I am in the shower, and my pants are a little tight around the middle, but nothing you can see if I am wearing a regular t-shirt.  I am thinking that I will announce "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!" on facebook after my 20 wk ultrasound when I KNOW that everything is okay. 

How long did you wait before making the big announcement?

Proud wife, and mama of 2 boys.

expecting baby  kitetoddler boy

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:55 AM

I have waited 10-12 weeks before. It's hard to wait because I show early. congrats!

evansmommy03
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I was like 6-8 weeks but it was as soon as we found out.

militarywife09
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Lol I announced my pregnancy when I was like 4 weeks and 4 days. With my DD I didnt find out until I was 14 weeks and I couldnt really tell a lot of people because I was in high school, so I was sooooo excited this time.

armynursetoddler girl

olivejuicebby
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:43 AM

With my son, as soon as I got a BFP
With my daughter, I waited for doctors confirmation because 2 months before getting that BFP I got one and told everyone right away, as I did with my son, and lost the baby even before I got to the doctors. It was really hard because a lot of people even in my family didn't really think it was real to begin with because I didn't hear from a doc that I was PG in the first place :( It was real to me though!

Styna_1
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:45 AM

The first time, I told EVERYONE right away! (I was also super sick so it was hard to hide) but since I miscarried that baby, I tried to wait to tell with this one. I told my Mom and MIL then near the end of the first trimester, we told DH brother and sister (my family is too big for me to call everyone individually) and let everyone know they could open their mouths and tell the world :D

momofSkyeNShy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:47 AM
With DD the official announcement was around 20 wks. I was in high school and rumers floated around about it but no one asked me which was really rude. So when I new the sex I announced it. This pregnancy I announced it at 6wks to friends and family. Right before I announced it to FB I thought I was having a miscarriage and the dr even said so. Then when I got my 2nd opinion I waited about 2 wks and announced it on FB so right around 10 wks!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsUski10
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:49 AM

DH posted a pic of our digital pregnancy test on Facebook as soon as we found out. lol So, everyone knew at about 4 weeks.

romomomof2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:49 AM

well i planned my second baby so i annonced it right away!:) and with my first,it wasnt a pleasant sur[rise for everyone and they inda made me feel i should be ashamed of it,so i didnt announce it until i was like 6 months pregnant.

bcbmami
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:54 AM

We found out i was pg with our son at 10 weeks...and i told everyone! With DD we found out at 6 weeks and didn't tell anyone til 8-10 weeks. I am 24 weeks now and there are still ppl that don't know. All of our close friends and family know tho.

EmilyKC
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Thats a great idea:) 

But I couldnt wait!!!  This is our first child:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)