Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok, so I'm mean and rude.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:16 AM
  • 12 Replies
I just want to put it out there that when someone makes a post and then at the end says "what do you think?" or "do you agree?" they should realize people are gonna answer it accordingly. There are people like me who will say exactly what I think or if I do or do not agree. Why does the op whine and argue with the other posters when they don't get the comments or approval that they were expecting? This is common sense: if you ask for others' opinions, you just might get it whether you like what they have to say or not. Especially in the pregnancy group where there are extra hormones flying around. Just sayin'...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
llove12
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:17 AM
because usually "what do you think?" means "please tell me I'm right."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:19 AM

I love to ask questions like that, Just to see other peoples side of view.

hellenak
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:27 AM

BUMP!

genemommy09
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:29 AM
Me too I think the other opinions even if they don't fit for me I like to read them .....its the ones who get unnecessarily nasty about something that bother me...

Quoting housefullofkidz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doublejay38
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:44 AM
Yeah, but yall are saying that you actually like to hear others' views. To me that shows you have the willingness to be open-minded, which is great. I mean the ladies who get pissy when those alternate views contradict what they really want to hear.

Quoting genemommy09:

Me too I think the other opinions even if they don't fit for me I like to read them .....its the ones who get unnecessarily nasty about something that bother me...

Quoting housefullofkidz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
napps
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:04 AM

...and see, this is EXACTLY the reason why i stopped posting some things in here...because even if i didn't ask for the opinions of others, there are some who will give it and not show any restraint of any kind when posting what they think.  that's the price we all pay for posting in a public forum that allows for honest responses!

napps
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:06 AM

there are also some who don't fully read the entire post...so their replies read as bashing rather than just giving their opinion.  if you don't know want to hear what others have to say, maybe  you shouldn't post...that i get and i agree with...but at some need to at least READ the entire post beofe responding.

Kenre
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:10 AM
I don't mean to whine or argue, but sometimes I don't think the people understand my OP. Everyone is entitled to their oppinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettygirl326
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:10 AM

yeah it seems that just happened to me....someone gripes at me for giving my opinion. well you asked and I told. Oh well.

napps
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:36 AM

after a post i made, i choose VERY CAREFULLY what i ask...sometimes it 'seems' that folks can come off as judgemental and hurtful rather than just real and honest...yeah yeah, i get it....'the truth hurts' but there is a difference between keeping it real, and keeping it nasty...and SOME (not suggesting all) use posts as a chance to keep it raw and nasty...not real and honest.  but, as stated by other ladies, when you post things like 'what do you think...' you risk being told what a person thinks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)