Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sperm induces labor!!!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:37 AM
  • 29 Replies
Holy shit! My nurse just told me that sperm induces labor. She said that sperm contain prostaglandin and that is was they use in inductions to get the cervix ready for labor and to dialate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CraZyBlonDie007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:39 AM
I know I'm slow. But my cervix is soft and she said its probably because of having sex. Teeheee! Lol. So no more sex for me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
napps
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:39 AM

you can still get it on, it's okay...

CraZyBlonDie007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:41 AM
No thanks I'd rather not! Lol I'm just happy and content not having sex. I'm 21 weeks pregnant I don't need to have this baby yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Yes-- You should refrain if you're dealing with PTL, which you are, correct?

You'd be on "pelvic rest" so no activity down there.     The prostaglandins soften the cervix, but you're enthusiasm (not just your orgasm) will stimulate uterine contractions.    So no messing around, period.

:- /

Nicolle_09
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:46 AM

for some reason i want to salute you and say "Yes mam!".  LOL but she is right no sex since you are only 21 wks

Quoting doulala:

You'd be on "pelvic rest" so no activity down there.     The prostaglandins soften the cervix, but you're enthusiasm (not just your orgasm) will stimulate uterine contractions.    So no messing around, period.

napps
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:58 AM

sorry, didn't know that you weren't far along...i guess if my cervix was soft, my doc's would say the same...good luck with that!

unspecified42
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Actually technically semen contains prostaglandins. However, you may just be someone who has a softer cervix. Mine is. And it's a bitch because my cervical checks are always long because they have a hard time feeling...

candicefield
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:15 AM
I had a soft cervix with my first and had all sorts if problems with ptl. This time we have avoided sex since we know that is what caused it. I am 35 weeks and my cervix has been in great condition this whole pregnancy. I think I am going to avoid sex for another 2-3 weeks. I have a feeling I will start to dilate a lot once I do. I really don't want to have her before Christmas even though I will be full term on the 21st.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CraZyBlonDie007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:55 PM
Yes maam. I've never dealt with PTL before. Never had this problem with any of my other 2 kids. But in the beginning of this pregnancy up until I was 12 weeks I was on progesterone.

Quoting doulala:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife.machado
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Oh my....I forgot semen does that.  I was wondering why I would feel crampy after sex which I normaly dont.  No more sex for me either!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)