Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To Walk or Not to Walk...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

I will be 37 weeks Saturday and I am 1 cm dilated, partially effaced and the doctor could feel her head as of last monday.  This is my first baby, but I have pretty much figured out I am in pre labor.  I have the diaherria, upset stomach, contractions in my low back and low abdomen that get more intense when walking, I've done the nesting thing.  The last 2 days I have been in a good mood for no reason (I think this may be related to my crazy hormones at this point).

Well, my question is this... Should I walk and try to do things to "help" her along or should I relax so she doesn't come?  I know it's silly to feel like I should "do" something, but Oh well.  What do you ladies think or what are your experiences and opinions?

Thanks!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
krim
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:26 AM

I would walk...but keep in mind if you are not actually ready it wont send you into labor it might just make you more uncomfortable.  I would try and have sex cuz either way whats the worst that can happen

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:28 AM

I would walk but just know it may or may not help things. Baby will come when baby is ready. No matter what I started to do when I was full term both babies came overdue and I had to stop labor 3 times this time! (I was far to early all three times). But it WAS walking that did me in this time because we were trick or treating. My little man was born on Halloween only by 5 minutes. He was born at 11:55pm lol

jessihernandez
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:31 AM

At this point, I would relax and try to prevent her from coming for now. Your body will progress if it really is time, but you don't want to rush her. She may not be quite ready yet, you want her to get those "finishing touches"! You wouldn't want to take a cake out of the oven 10min before it's really done, so it's only fair to let her decide when she's ready as well. Good luck! You're almost there, try to enjoy these last few days/weeks! I suggest a nice warm bath with candles and some hot tea, it'll be a while before you get to relax like that again!

MommyKelleyX3
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:34 AM

Its a little early...I would take it easy & try to let her develop for a little longer.

evansmommy03
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:03 AM

This!

Quoting MommyKelleyX3:

Its a little early...I would take it easy & try to let her develop for a little longer.

Maddape48854
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:07 AM

I would just continue living like normal and if baby comes, then it's time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)