Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zoluft Update :)

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:35 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone!  I don't know how many of you saw my post about zoluft recently, but here is what I decided.  At first, I didn't know what to do and I was feeling so miserable.  So, I started taking the Zoluft, but I cut the pills in half so I was only taking 25 mg a day.  I felt like it was starting to work for me, I was thinking clearer and no panic attacks anymore.  The problem, after reading all the risks associated, I was freaking inside and my fiance was as well.  We were so worried about what it could do to the baby that it really wasn't worth it for me.  So, I looked into more natural and baby safe remedies for anxiety and depression.  I used to take fish oil supplements on a daily basis as well as a vitamin b complex supplement which really helped with my ability to focus and my energy level.  I read up to see if this is still safe during pregnancy and I asked my doctor and it is not only perfectly safe, but is actually recommended during pregnancy.  So, I'm off the Zoluft and I am going to try the combo of fish oil and b vitamins which is a lot safer!  I am so much happier not having to worry about the potential risks associated with Zoluft.  It wouldn't matter to me whether or not i was feeling better if I hurt my baby by taking those pills.  I know sometimes the risks of Zoluft outweigh the risks associated with depression and panic attacks, but if these supplements work for me, I won't have to worry about ANYTHING at all :)  Wish me luck!  I just started taking them yesterday and so far have had one good day and this morning I am feeling great too :)

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Daeraelle
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:46 AM
My doctor prescribed me zoloft as well, because at first they thought my gall bladder attack was a bad panic attack. I was so relieved when I didn't have to take it. The risk is very small, but it's there. Good luck!
brandys85
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Thank you :)  Yes, any risk at all is very scary when you are pregnant.  It's one thing to put yourself at risk, but another to put your innocent baby at risk!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:38 AM

I really do hope those supplements work for you!  Good luck!  I hope you keep feeling great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)