Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gender Disappointment - Share your feelings!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:02 AM
  • 26 Replies

Have you ever been sad or disappointed when you found out what the gender was of your baby? How did you get through things and how did other people react to your feelings?

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:06 AM

yes, my dh and i were both disappointed that our ds was a boy. We were both expecting them to say girl and really wanted a girl bc he has 3 boys from a previous marriage. Our friends and family understood it. I think a lot of them were disappointed for us as well. I just kept telling myself as long as he's healthy everything is great.(he ended up being 3 months early) But i wouldn't trade my son for the world now!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:08 AM

I wasnt sad I felt like I was happy and then the 2 following days I was in a depressed mood, I think since I was so sure it was a girl that I felt like I had lost my baby daughter, kwim?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Yes, I was dissapointed this time. This is #3, and hubby and I knew we definatly didn't want any more than 3 kids. So already having 2 girls, we were really hoping this was a boy. But after them doing a sono at 16 weeks...and saying it looked like a boy....the second sono at 20 wks. turned out to be a girl...and the sono after that around 23 wks. was also confirmed a girl. I got in my car, and called my husband and cried. In time I have come around to the idea, and I love my girls no matter what. Things happen for a reason...and obviously hubby and I were meant to have 3 girls. But yes, I was very dissapointed at first....for a few weeks...then I came around to the idea. :) It's hard to not get excited when you are shopping for little girl stuff. :) 

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Honestly, I just wanted to know what I was having.  I had no preference either way. 

I think being a smidge disappointed is ok (if you keep it to yourself) but crying about it and having to let it "sink in" a bit much:/

Let me tell you about my good friend, her and her DH have been TTC for over 2yrs.  They have been to fertility doctors who told them that they have a 1 in a million chance of getting pg on their own.  So, after being upset as hell for about a week (reasonable so!) they decided to get loans out to pay for IVF.  Anyway, as luck would have it she got PREGNANT just a few weeks later (before the loansJ) and I am sooooo happy for them!!!!!! 

Well, she decided to take that gender prediction kit and according to the test she is having a boy.  Now, with all that they've been thru you would think that it wouldn't matter, but no.  She was very upset that whole day and now that she's let it "sink in" she's ok. 

I'm sorry and I really don't want to upset, offend or hurt anyone's feelings but something's are just beyond our control and having a child is such a blessing.  A blessing that, not all women are privileged to. 

pregnancy due date
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:33 AM

We are having our 4th girl. Everyone wanted a boy. It is not something I harp on & am thrilled with the baby no matter what gender. We some other issues going on that take precedent over her gender. I think Dh is the most disappointed, I am sure he will get over it as always.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:45 AM
I wanted another girl, but got another boy. I was sad for awhile. Its been so hard coming up w a boys name and already having a girl name i love. but hes due in the next 6 days and i cant wait to see his little face!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Mine will be a surprise. We are hoping for a boy and the ONLY reason I would be kinda upset if the baby were to come out as a girl is my hubby said he wasn't sure if he wanted me to get my tubes tied. I am perfectly ok with having two girls and would LOVE to have another girl but I want my tubes tied!! If it is a boy there will be no questioning it.. It is really starting to stress me out. =(

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Well With my 1st I wanted a boy and was so excited with my 2nd i wanted a girl. But he was a boy. and I was still excited! I was never Disappointed!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:59 AM
We didn't find out so there would be no dissapointment. We got what we wanted though when the doc said it's a boy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:06 PM

With my first I was disappointed for like 2 seconds, but then I started bawling because I was happy. We had wanted a boy, but when we found out we were having a girl - we were still happy. Neither of us would trade our Punkie for the world. Now that we're having another baby we want a boy, again, but if we have another girl - that's fine too. We don't really care as long as the baby is happy and healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)