Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first trip to L&D last night

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:06 PM
  • 8 Replies
So the last couple days I really been craving ice chips, after eating on some laying in bed I got reallyyyyy dizzy and everything went blurry. I layed down and clinched my sheets, because the whole room was spinning. About 10minutes later my mom noticed my face and neck were swollen and then my hands. With the room spinning, it made me really nauseous so I ran to the bathroom to vomit. When I threw up, blood came out, it was like pink for the most part but there was a lot of water also but on the side of the toilet it was bright red. Anyways, dh rushed me to our hospital and basically I left there not knowing anything. I have an appt with my OB tomorrow. So I imagine she might tell me something. All i know was baby was doing good, which makes me very happy. The papers you leave with where they have one copy and you get the yellow/pink slip, mine said pre term labor, i was given no IV, shots, nothing. I was told nothing. Im just trying to get through today, Ive been drinking gatorade and lots of water, juice and still I am getting so dizzy. Im eating what I can without getting sick. I consider myself a healthy eater, as I lovee e fruits and veggies, I drink the right amount of water and powerade/gatorade. Im not sure if its dehydration or what, they told me nothing but the paper I got and they sent me on my way.

Has anyone else dealt with this or anything close?
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Loveing_My_Life
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:10 PM

BUMP!

krim
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:12 PM

BUMP!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I have not, but I am so sorry they didnt tell or do anything for you.  I hope your OB is more of help.

simplyus642
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:46 PM

BUMP!

Karasfirst
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:48 PM
Did they check your bp?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brina_88
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:59 PM
They did check my bp two times but she wrote it down and walked out. I ask but I didnt get an answer, its so weird to explain how I felt last night. I even forgot what I was having. When I was asking if the baby was okay, i kept referring to it as "he". Im having a girl lol. I thought it was my blood pressure but I was never told anything even when I asked. Maybe cause my ob appt is tomorrow. Hopefully Ill get more answers tomorrow and so Ill know more about what I can do about preventing this.
Karla0610
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:18 PM
Did u call your dr an tell them you are not any better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karasfirst
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:31 PM
With my son my bp was very high and I actually experienced the dizziness and linda loopy effects your talking about. Do you get headaches often? Also the swelling could be bp related too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)