Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Round Ligament Pain intensity.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am 18 and a half weeks and have been experiencing the worst ligament pain, I went to the Dr. this morning because I thought I might have had a UTI but she said that's just my ligaments stretching. I have had this pain before at the beggining and at 13 weeks but it was nothing this intense. My pregnancy has been super smooth, with no ms, bleeding, or anything bad. I was just wondering if other women have had it this bad I mean it is almost making me bend over in pain and I'm not even moving I am sitting at work and have been all day. I have a high pain threshold so I know it is intense when I am feeling pain this strong.  I have been leaning on my heating pad all day (on low) and it's not doing much. Any advice or do I just wait it out? BTW this is my first baby.

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
IhartU
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM

All I am ever told is to buy a maternity belt to hold it all up- that there is nothing else you can do.

rbailey2414
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I would honestly say it is your baby stretching that belly out.....you are going to really start popping that belly out and especially since its your first baby. If it is really hurting and bithering you that bad, I would get checked out at ER or somethin, as it could be something more serious possibly? GOOD LUCK!

wife.machado
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I was just about to ask if it was your first lol.  Its very normal especially in the first pregnancy because the muscles are very tight and are stretching to support your growing baby.  What I had to do was put a low heating pad on my lower belly/abdomen and curl up in a ball for atlest 30 mins.  Nothing else seemed to help me with them.  They came and gone as they pleased but man I thought my dr was stupid and didnt know what she was talking about...but she was right.

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Yes, mine was HORRIBLE too. It did get better. Sorry momma!

Careeka22
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Thanks everyone that makes me feel better about it, my Dr. did recommend the support band so I think I might gift that a try, especially since I have had back issues due to sport injuries in the past. I guess I will just wait them out until they stop!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)